• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Patrick has a lump and a bladder stone and an abscess 😔

I hope all turns out OK and Patrick is back home happily munching again soon 🥰🙏❤️
 
Patrick is home and has not had any operation.

The vet scanned him first and found a 0.5mm bladder stone. To say I’m heartbroken is an understatement. I’m in shock.

I have this evening to think about operating or taking him in tomorrow to be PTS. 😭

He will need the cyst removing at a later date as well.

The vet said as he’s young there is a really high chance of another stone forming very quickly. She is an exotics vet and so lovely.

She said he could go on long term meds to change the PH of his pee after the operation but that doesn’t always work.

I had Pebble PTS because he had a bladder stone earlier this year.
 
Well he’s booked in tomorrow to have the operation so if he doesn’t have it there’s no point prolonging it. 🤯
 
What an awful shock for you Emma. So sorry to learn that about your beautiful Patrick. Whatever you decide will be the right thing to do as it's made from love. Have a hug :hug:
 
Patrick is young and in good condition. The stone is small, although still very painful. But you know him best. We are here for you 🙏❤️
I lost a young healthy boar some years ago to a stone. He was about Patrick’s age. It was the anaesthetic that caused him to pass away. He had a bad reaction to it.
 
I must be doing something wrong

Percy, Pebble and now Patrick all had stones

Pippin passed young and Pepper didn’t have a stone.

Do pea flakes have lots of calcium in them?
 
I’m so sorry to read this about lovely Patrick
You will know the best thing to do for your boy
( and it will be done out of love)
Your experience and emotions will guide you
We are all here for you ❤️



No you aren’t doing anything wrong @weepweeps it’s just one of those things that piggies are prone to.
 
I know this might sound silly and please don't take anything I say negatively it's just I realise you don't actually have much time as such to decide.
What would you say to another forum member if they had told you the same about their precious boy? Perhaps you don't know but one thing you wouldn't say is you must be doing something wrong 💐
 
I'm so very sorry. 💔 :(
But you have to take into account that most piggies tolerate the anaesthetic very well.
And don't let anyone rush you into making a final decision.
Even if you decide against the operation, is Patrick feeling so bad at the moment that you have to make the final decision tomorrow?
 
I know this might sound silly and please don't take anything I say negatively it's just I realise you don't actually have much time as such to decide.
What would you say to another forum member if they had told you the same about their precious boy? Perhaps you don't know but one thing you wouldn't say is you must be doing something wrong 💐
That’s very true. Thank you ☺️
 
The amount of pea flakes is too small to cause a stone. Your piggies have an excellent diet 😔 Don't look at yourself as the cause, you are such a great piggy mom 😔
 
I'm so very sorry. 💔 :(
But you have to take into account that most piggies tolerate the anaesthetic very well.
And don't let anyone rush you into making a final decision.
Even if you decide against the operation, is Patrick feeling so bad at the moment that you have to make the final decision tomorrow?
No he’s not. Thank you. I did have some more happy days with Pebble after his stone diagnosis. ❤️
 
No he’s not. Thank you. I did have some more happy days with Pebble after his stone diagnosis. ❤️
So don't let the vet rush you!

Unfortunately some piggies are more prone to bladder stones than others. There is nothing much you can do about it. It's certainly not your fault.
And sometimes they come back after an operation, sometimes they don't. The vet can't guarantee that they won't come back, but she doesn't know for sure if it will happen again.
 
Is the stone itself causing him pain or discomfort at the moment? 💐
And where is it in his bladder I assume? 🤔
 
Back
Top