• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Patrick has a lump and a bladder stone and an abscess 😔

Sorry to hear you’re going through it at the moment. Keep going - you’ll come through it eventually! Hope all goes well with the piggies and the move.
 
Lovely Patrick ❤️
Patrick couldn’t be in better hands than yours @weepweeps
I hope Pinky’s eye is continuing to improve and that Patrick’s lump is not painful atm 🥰
 
Thanks Yvonne. Hope you and your piggies are well xx
Sadly, we have not had a great couple of months. We have lost both our skinny pigs. Pongo to lymphoma and then Val succumbed to her genetic heart defect. For the first time in 10 years we have no skinnies and it seems quiet in the piggy room without their constant wheeking.

The other piggies are all doing well. Arfur gave us a scare earlier in the year. He has had two teeth removed and needs regular dentals but you wouldn't know that he had been unwell.

We are both fine.😀
 
Sadly, we have not had a great couple of months. We have lost both our skinny pigs. Pongo to lymphoma and then Val succumbed to her genetic heart defect. For the first time in 10 years we have no skinnies and it seems quiet in the piggy room without their constant wheeking.

The other piggies are all doing well. Arfur gave us a scare earlier in the year. He has had two teeth removed and needs regular dentals but you wouldn't know that he had been unwell.

We are both fine.😀
Oh no. I’m sorry. What a rollercoaster ride. Skinnies, as you know, live fast and pass fast. Sending you and Allen (sp?) hugs. 🥰

Are you able to come down south for a Salisbury meet. I know it’s not easy but a northern meet didn’t happen. X
 
Oh no. I’m sorry. What a rollercoaster ride. Skinnies, as you know, live fast and pass fast. Sending you and Allen (sp?) hugs. 🥰

Are you able to come down south for a Salisbury meet. I know it’s not easy but a northern meet didn’t happen. X
I will do my best to get to Salisbury if a meet is arranged. It would be lovely to see you.
 
Sadly, we have not had a great couple of months. We have lost both our skinny pigs. Pongo to lymphoma and then Val succumbed to her genetic heart defect. For the first time in 10 years we have no skinnies and it seems quiet in the piggy room without their constant wheeking.

The other piggies are all doing well. Arfur gave us a scare earlier in the year. He has had two teeth removed and needs regular dentals but you wouldn't know that he had been unwell.

We are both fine.😀
Sorry that you’ve had such a difficult time.
So sorry for your losses.
Glad Arfur is doing well.
 
Patrick’s cyst has popped today. Nothing is coming out of it. I’ve cleaned it up with saline and gave it a little squeeze. I’ll probably get it removed now. 🙁

I was hoping to ignore it and it wouldn’t cause any issues but now I think it’s best to remove it in case it gets infected.

I’ve given him some pain medicine in case it’s sore. I will call the vets tomorrow morning.

IMG_6332.webp

IMG_6337.webp
IMG_6335.webp
 
Dear Patrick

That popped lump on you back does look sore. Milk it for all it's worth. Demand lots of treats off your Hooman and lots of cuddles too if you like those (I'm still getting used to cuddles so I'm not too keen). When you get taken to the Nasty Vet Man to have it removed, demand to be syringe fed. According to Hairy Harry Henderson (@exia) syringe soup is lovely.

Your helpful friend

Sir Saxon Canute
Shop Steward
 
Hello Sir Saxon Canute,

Thank you for those tips.

I did get a cuddle today after mummy cleaned my sore back. I quite liked it! I’m a very chill piggy. I allow myself to be picked up with no chasing!

Mummy thinks Pinky may have stood on me and caught my sore bit as I can’t reach it myself.

I have tried soup before (stolen from Pebble) and can confirm I love it too. We have some leftover so I’m sure soup will be on the menu with lots of yummy loxicom as well. It’s nearly worth being poorly.

Patrick
 
It looks sore but nice and clean to be fair it may feel a little easier now it has burst 🤔 but I'm obviously just giving my opinion no expert of course 💐
Nothing is coming out. 🙁

I was hoping when it popped it would empty and release the pressure as it’s quite firm. But it hasn’t. I don’t think the wound is deep enough. It might be easier for the vet to remove it as a firm ball 🤷🏻‍♀️
 
Back
Top