• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Patrick has a lump and a bladder stone and an abscess 😔

Its in his bladder
0.5 mm
He’s not bleeding. Which I will ask about tomorrow as there has always been blood with my past piggies.
He is squeaking a bit but not as much ad Pebble did.
I’m going to ask if it could be sludge instead of a stone 🤷🏻‍♀️
He is losing weight and is not very happy.

He’s now on paracetamol and loxicom.
Some critical care.

If I do get it removed tomorrow then at least he can get the potassium citrate for life.
 
I can’t believe I was making this decision only in June about Pebble. 🙁
I know it must feel surreal and I am in no way saying it's easy because it certainly isn't but yes you have to look at the experiences you have had but also remember that Patrick is Patrick and it doesn't mean there will be the same outcome as with dear Pebble 🙏
 
Vets tend to be cautious about not raising expectations too much. Could the cyst be cleaned out a bit. That might help Patrick to regain energy. But your vet will know what is best for the cyst ❤️🙏
 
I must be doing something wrong

Percy, Pebble and now Patrick all had stones

Pippin passed young and Pepper didn’t have a stone.

Do pea flakes have lots of calcium in them?
Dearest @weepweeps,

I can really understand how think and feel right now. I felt so very guilty when Joey had a stone, but... He loved pellets and peaflakes. He loved basil more than everything. To eat was his biggest passion during his five years and three months on this earth! In every other way he was not a typical Guinea pig, like my vet said.

None of my other seven boys has a stone (none of my previous Guinea pigs before "this rond" either). Sometimes we're just unlucky, and sometimes we're lucky enough we can help our little darlings to get well again. Four of my boys was toofiebabies, and I've done everything In my power to help them. Its very sad when you can't.
Harry wants to say he's a toofiebabie too, he did broke his toofies once.... And looked like a hillbilly.

I know its a hard and sad night for you, but whatever decisions you make its the right for your Patrick. Me and boys are thinking of you, Patrick and Pinky 💜
 
Sorry to hear your news. I hope you all had a good night, and feel that you have made the right decision for Patrick, this morning.
sending you some big virtual hugs.

(We have been through a similar experience with Billy, and then Loki having bladder stones.)
 
Sorry to hear that news - especially after the awful year you’ve had with bladder stones. Take as much time as you need to gather your thoughts first. You obviously care deeply about Patrick and will come to your decision in time. Thinking of you and your fur baby 💖
 
Wishing Patrick good luck with the surgery today
You are an amazing guinea pig hooman and know Patrick so well
I’ll be thinking of you both today
Sending much love and gentle hugs to you both 🥰
 
Back
Top