• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Patsy has sore feet.

What a beauty Patsy. Looks like you enjoyed the 5 star treatment. I hope your little feetsies are feeling better soon :wub:

Aww such a good a good girl patsy! 🥰

😍😍 Glad you’re enjoying your spa treatment Patsy! She looks like she’s being a good girl. Hope you start seeing some improvement soon

She looks angelic - loving her foot spa treatment. What a lovely girlie.

It looks like she quite enjoyed her little spa! I hope this helps her little sore feet x

Oh little Patsy. . . Your little pinkies look soar. . . Hope all work mummy slave doing starts to mend them... . I'm sure they will.
Ps you look Brill in you're Bespoke bath tubs. . :nod:

Dear Patsy, we hope you enjoyed your spa. You look so calm and content there.
We hope that means there were some bribes or treats on offer.
If not then we suggest you put lots and lots and lots of poops in the water next time.
We hope your feet are better soon.
Love from Priscilla, Phoebe and Micah x

Patsy saw Marcin this time she hasn't seen him before. I was told that Patsy has bumblefoot on all 4 feet :(. He wanted to know what surface she was on when in the hutch and run and I told him fleece as he thought it might be from a hard surface. He recommended vet bed and I said I was going to order some this afternoon anyway so that was good. He also said it may be a lack of Vitamin C and to get her Vitamin C for guinea pigs. I replied that I gave her a good diet of mainly good quality hay, veg and pellets and that my other 2 piggies were OK so I didn't understand why it would be lack of Vitamin C but if that is what he recommends for Patsy that is what she shall get. She has also been prescribed YUKKY Baytril for 7-10 days and YUMMY Metacam for 7-10 days. I'll have fun getting the Baytril into her as she hated it last time! So Vetbed and Vit C for guinea pigs it is then!

Poor Patsy! I hope this piggie cocktail will make her feeties better!

Interesting that she's on antibiotics. Odin's feet were far worse than hers but our vet suggested the epsom salts and topical ointments first to try avoid antibiotics (but maybe this is because Odin was so poorly in other ways too). He said they only do antibiotic treatment once the sores are open and deep (and if there's a chance infection is in there). I would have thought Patsy's feet are no were near as Odin's were much worse and he didn't have infection.
I hope the vet has panicked you too much with the bumblefoot diagnosis (I got the same diagnosis for Odin) but it can be treated and managed - there's a lot of scary stuff out there on the internet about it!

I managed to get my Vet bed on Amazon, a huge roll of it and just cut it up to suit.

Hope lovely Patsy continues to improve. My boys are sending healing vibes 💕

Interesting that she's on antibiotics. Odin's feet were far worse than hers but our vet suggested the epsom salts and topical ointments first to try avoid antibiotics (but maybe this is because Odin was so poorly in other ways too). He said they only do antibiotic treatment once the sores are open and deep (and if there's a chance infection is in there). I would have thought Patsy's feet are no were near as Odin's were much worse and he didn't have infection.
I hope the vet has panicked you too much with the bumblefoot diagnosis (I got the same diagnosis for Odin) but it can be treated and managed - there's a lot of scary stuff out there on the internet about it!

I managed to get my Vet bed on Amazon, a huge roll of it and just cut it up to suit.

Hope lovely Patsy continues to improve. My boys are sending healing vibes 💕
Patsy's front feet have scabs on them, I only thought it was one foot but one is brown and one is white and I obviously didn't notice the brown scab on the brown foot. I think the vet wants to treat her with antibiotics before the feet get any worse. I told him I was doing the salt baths twice a day and he was happy with that.

Hope Patsy starts feeling better soon.

Hopefully with all the treatment and meds Patsy’s poorly feet will heal quickly.
❤ ❤ ❤

Back