• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Piggie Integration (need Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKLP1997

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So I had 3 adorable Pigs and then found one that was all alone at a pet store and fell in love with her. That was almost a month and a half ago and I have tried multiple times to integrate the new pig with the older ones who are only a few months older than the newest pig and there is always chattering and fights. Currently I have the newest pig and the other 3 in separate cages but they can still smell and hear each other so that they can familiarize themselves but it does not seem to be working.

Introducing a new piggie to a bonded group can be a challenge and also quite alarming to watch.
It can be very difficult for us to distinguish what is 'fighting' and what is normal piggie 'discussion'.
As long as blood is not being drawn then they may just be sorting things out, even if it doesn't look very friendly.
You didn't mention how you introduced them, what size cage they will be living and, and at what point they start to fight. That information would help a lot.

The best thing to do is read (and then reread) the guide here.
The photos helped me a lot to understand what was going on and the advice (introductions in a a large neutral area with no hides, returning them to a fully neutral cage, etc) was very clear and really helpful.
Illustrated Bonding / Dominance Behaviours And Dynamics

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back