• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Piggies Knowing Their Names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was talking to my guinea pig Sakurai earlier, telling her its okay that she's slightly jumpy as she will get over it eventually like all my other guinea pigs have. I said to her how Gilbert and Romano were very nervous and jumpy when I first had them and they soon settled down and are two very brave piggies now.

At that moment I saw Romano's head pop up and he looked over at me.

I got a chuckle and said to him 'Yes I'm talking about you'.

I thought it was cute he knew his name and I was talking about him. :))

I know Matthew and apparently Romano know their names. I'm not too sure about Sakurai and Ryou.

Do your piggies know their names? Any cute stories about it? :)

My piggie GIlbert RIP knew his name because as a younster I constantly told him off for playing tricks on Ludwig -rip- (one of his favourite being jump over him like hurdles). Ludwig also knew his name because I'd call 'Luddy or Ludwig!' and he'd rush right over as fast as his little feet took him.

Matthew is the same as Ludwig. If I say Matthew and point out of the room he'd know that meant leave and he'd walk out.

I agree, you have some clever ones there :)

Ours can tell tone of voice for sure... For instance 'Girls girls girls' Would have Cookie & Treacle wheeking and bar climbing... We haven't kept this up with the others so now it gets no response with Cookie (she must have forgot)

Only Putt used to pay attention to her name, but again I think with her it was tone of voice as she wasn't the sharpest tool :))

I agree, you have some clever ones there :)

Ours can tell tone of voice for sure... For instance 'Girls girls girls' Would have Cookie & Treacle wheeking and bar climbing... We haven't kept this up with the others so now it gets no response with Cookie (she must have forgot)

Only Putt used to pay attention to her name, but again I think with her it was tone of voice as she wasn't the sharpest tool :))

Oh wow! I must have really smart piggies then. :)) how cute!
Though Romano isn't quite the sharprest bless him but he definitely knows his name. (when he gets too happy popcorning he often runs into the wall or into other items or trips)

I do too but no luck!
Aww well hopefully one day? I've had Romano for 4 years so maybe thats also a reason why. :))

Oh wow! I must have really smart piggies then. :)) how cute!
Though Romano isn't quite the sharprest bless him but he definitely knows his name. (when he gets too happy popcorning he often runs into the wall or into other items or trips)

Aww well hopefully one day? I've had Romano for 4 years so maybe thats also a reason why. :))
I have had Amelia Jane for six years! Lol.

I just call mine pigs ;) Hahaha! I walk into the room in the morning with a, " Hello birds! Hello pigs!" Hahahahaha!

Mine seem to recognise my voice but I don't think they particularly respond to their names. You have some clever piggies.

I'm never sure with my piggies. They will respond sometimes but i they always get hyper when i talk to them so hard to say. And of their being naughty and i say there name they always look up at me with the 'butter wouldn't melt look' lol But that could be a guilty conscience! haha! and lmao at Romano, sounds so much like my Twix. She gets so carried away popcorning, she's always running into walls! lol i call her my wonky pig! :D She does alot of daft stuff!

I'm never sure with my piggies. They will respond sometimes but i they always get hyper when i talk to them so hard to say. And of their being naughty and i say there name they always look up at me with the 'butter wouldn't melt look' lol But that could be a guilty conscience! haha! and lmao at Romano, sounds so much like my Twix. She gets so carried away popcorning, she's always running into walls! lol i call her my wonky pig! :D She does alot of daft stuff!
Haha they may do. Test it. :) Say one of their names and see if they look over :)

Yeah Romano is a bit of a clumsy soul bless him. He often has bad luck happen to him. Like the amount of things that have accidentally bopped him on the head. He's so unlucky bless him.
Twix sounds adorable!

I'm not sure with Teddy neither. Sometimes it looks like he knows his name because when I call him, he looks at me, but most of the times, he just... ignores me hahaha. What he definitely understands is when I tell him to come near me when he is having floor time, which makes me really happy!

I'm not sure with Teddy neither. Sometimes it looks like he knows his name because when I call him, he looks at me, but most of the times, he just... ignores me hahaha. What he definitely understands is when I tell him to come near me when he is having floor time, which makes me really happy!
I think he knows!
Sometimes my piggies chose to ignore me. Like Matthew. If he's having too fun exploring he will pointedly ignore me when I call him. I'm sure he's just doing that ;) stubborn little monkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back