• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pigging Out

Bryce and Whitney still separated. We tried to bond them the other day and it failed. Will have to try again in another day. 😔😑

Bryce has not had any CC today. He's been maintaining his weight, eating enough hay and grass. He just have to start eating the veggies and wet food again by himself so he won't get dehydrated, since he doesn't really drink from the bottle. I currently have to syringe water to him a few times during the day. He's getting there though, albeit slow. 👍

20240506_191600.jpg

My sweet boy Brycey-boo tucked in for the night. 😍😍

20240507_002712.jpg

This is the first night I didn't have to stay up sooooo late to make sure he eats. :yahoo: I can relax tonight and just wait in bed until I fall asleep. Hubby has been asleep for a couple of hours now too. Later this afternoon, we have to take Bryce to Ellie again for a follow up checkup. Fingers crossed nothing else is going on and we can have some treatment plan in terms of his pain management with his arthritic knees (which was the original issue he has).

The post op checkup with Ellie went well this afternoon. She said Bryce's wound is healing nicely. She gave it a little clean to remove the small scab and told us we don't have to do anything about it anymore. No abscess at all as well. She looked at his teeth and everything was great. So she recommended to reduce the Loxicom from 0.5ml 2x a day to 0.4ml 2x a day and see how he would react in terms of pain with regards to his arthritic knees. We know from a few weeks ago that 0.3ml he started to feel uncomfortable with pain so we have to see whether any pain is manageable enough with the current dosage or whether he would feel any pain again when it's time to lower it again. So just have to do some tweaking in the long run.

Hopefully he would continue with eating more and more, especially with his veggies. But he is eating hay and grass so that's good. 👍

Tried bonding Bryce and Whitney again this afternoon in the lawn. We put a 3x3 C&C and let them both in. Bryce was okay with Whitney until she made all these high pitch wheeking sounds with rumble strutting and then Bryce would start rumble strutting too. After a few seconds, Whitney would try to lunge at him. We think Whitney is showing fear aggression. So after around 20mins, Whitney managed to get to Bryce and attacked him. Thankfully no bite wounds to both of them and I managed to separate them quickly. Bryce was a bit startled though and was shaking after coz he was the one who lost in that fight. I had to cuddle him for 10mins to calm him down. Pigs eh?! 😑🙄😩😔

So I had to rearrange their house and divide it. So they can atleast be side by side instead of one of them in the other side of the room. They will have to take turns in roaming the living room and going to their chair for now. Hopefully we can still bond them in the future. We thankfully have all the time to do it before we go on our holiday to the Philippines on November. Fingers firmly crossed. 🤞🤞

20240509_170022.jpg20240509_170036.jpg20240509_181400.jpg20240509_181410.jpg

I couldn't put a full 3x2 for Whitney because we wouldn't have a space to walk on going to the kitchen. I might try to change it in the next few days but that would do for now. She is lazy and doesn't really run around anyway and was always stuck under their chair even though she had the whole living room to roam in the last 2 weeks she was separated. 🙄

Sorry that things haven’t worked out with the rebonding.
Hopefully living side by side may give them the opportunity to get to know each other again and decide they want to live together.
They can be real drama queens at times !

Back