• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pigging Out

This is Bryce this morning when hubby was feeding him. He is still not eating by himself. He stopped eating fruits/veggies and only nibbles some hay so everything is syringe feeding. But he would eat grass. He seems to be having some control with his bladder coz he isn't dripping pee much.

Messenger_creation_e8540a91-2554-4471-8e95-918e9cbda0aa.jpeg

I hope he starts getting better soon. 😔😔

Thank you all. Whitney and Bryce met earlier and when they were on the sofa, they were okay. I think that's because Whitney was scared whenever she's on the sofa. When we tried them in their main cage Whitney started lunging on him. So we had to separate them again. We put Bryce in their play area by the chair and Whitney out on the the living room floor. They were separated by C&C bars that I put around the chair area. It was the most active Bryce has been ever since after his op. Both him and Whitney trying to show dominance between the bars. Then Whitney lunge on Bryce again but she hit the bar and she went under the table to calm down.

These piggies! 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😑 I think we will have to do bonding again when Bryce is better already. Whitney saw the opportunity to take a chance at being the boss. It only started when we got back home after the op, hence we had to remove her from Bryce. It's a good thing they each have two big areas to stay in while they are doing this.

My last couple were Nicky and Chelsea. Nicky was completely besotted with Chelsea. It wasn't quite the same the other way round but they were a great couple.
When Nicky had a difficult operation and had to be kept seperate from Chelsea for ten days until the suctures were removed, it was a hard time for Nicky because he hardly wanted to eat anything without Chelsea.
When we put them together again, there was quite a turmoil at first. But luckily it calmed down after a short time. But there was also a lot of teeth chattering, chasing and hair pulling.

I hope Bryce abd Whitney can be reunited when Bryce is feeling better.

Thank you all. Whitney and Bryce met earlier and when they were on the sofa, they were okay. I think that's because Whitney was scared whenever she's on the sofa. When we tried them in their main cage Whitney started lunging on him. So we had to separate them again. We put Bryce in their play area by the chair and Whitney out on the the living room floor. They were separated by C&C bars that I put around the chair area. It was the most active Bryce has been ever since after his op. Both him and Whitney trying to show dominance between the bars. Then Whitney lunge on Bryce again but she hit the bar and she went under the table to calm down.

These piggies! 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😑 I think we will have to do bonding again when Bryce is better already. Whitney saw the opportunity to take a chance at being the boss. It only started when we got back home after the op, hence we had to remove her from Bryce. It's a good thing they each have two big areas to stay in while they are doing this.
Any illness can give an underpig the opportunity to make a move upward in the hierarchy and they do try it on sometimes

Just an update..I only managed to get some proper sleep so had time to post.

Sunday night, Bryce stopped pooping after 7pm. He was having some discomfort whenever we touched his tummy too. He was also having issues eating. He stopped eating everything and we can hear grinding his teeth so much. I was awake the whole night and hubby decided for us to just drive to Matlock for an emergency to see Ellie, since we are awake anyway and we'll be there when they open at 8am.

So when we arrive at the vets, good thing Ellie was in that morning. She saw Bryce and she said he was a bit gassy and yeah his poop was quite harder than it should be. We also asked her to remove the stitches coz it's really bothering him so much and to check his teeth. So Ellie has done all that. She said there was a tiny spur in his right back teeth and it has caused a little wound in his tongue which made him hurt while eating. His wound was cleaned too and stitches were removed, and there's no abscess in it thankfully. He was prescribed Gabapentin, more Emeprid and Cisapride in addition to his Loxicom.

Now he is starting to eat little bits along with syringe feeds. This morning we saw him eat little bits of hay so at least that's a start. I didn't go to Liverpool with hubby to visit my in-laws again so I can watch Bryce. Apart from wanting to get some sleep, I really don't want the hassle of doing all the carrier, food, feeding in the car, etc. when I can do it all in the house anyway. Plus I want Bryce to not be stressed with being drive around after just 2 days and want him to start eating in his cage again.

Here he is just started eating some food from the bowl.

20240501_124226.jpg

I am sorry you are having such a difficult time at the moment. Fingers crossed Bryce is now on the mend and you will soon be able to get a good nights sleep.

Bryce is mostly still not eating by himself apart from when it's grass and some pea flakes and hay. Both him and Whitney are just lazing around in their own enclosures even though they have options to run around the whole living room on their own. They are still having a kerfuffle and still need to be fully bonded until after Bryce have fully recovered. Anyway, just to make sure they get used to each other again, we rearranged their chair area this morning so Bryce can be with Whitney during the day. If Bryce prefer to go back to their main cage, then we have to open Whitney's area and she can roam around in the living room to the main cage.

This is what it looks at the moment (please excuse the mess 😩). Bryce got knackered since he wasn't moving around much lately. 😂

20240503_113418.jpg20240503_113354.jpg

Back