• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pigging Out

Thank you all. ❤️ It's just annoying and frustrating that we really don't know what's going on with him. Hopefully we can have any idea what it is by tomorrow. Because of all of these, hubby said he thinks Bryce and Whitney will be our last piggies.😭💔 With hubby's health also in a worse condition than a few years ago. Although Bryce is only 3 yrs old and Whitney is just about 2yrs old on June. So we are hoping they will still have a few more years with us. But I'm already dreading that time to arrive. 😭

Poor Bryce, they always choose the worst times.
It’s hard on you when you were supposed to be going to the Philippines.
Your husband is so lovely being prepared to stay at home and pay to rebook later in the year.
Hope the vet visit goes well.

Hope you find out more of what is bothering poor Bryce. It’s a worry and I can imagine going away can be really difficult and worrying. Is there anybody that you can trust and feel happy with if you were both to go away?

We're on our way to the vets now. We just decided to rebook our flights to November. We can't let Karen from the boarding to deal with whatever is wrong with Bryce, and I also don't want to leave hubby to deal with it all alone. Hubby has contacted our hotel in Manila and they are rebooking our room free of charge. And with Turkish Airlines, hubby paid an extra £200 for rebooking our tickets. Hopefully it's long enough before the new flights to deal with whatever is wrong with Bryce. 🤞

Okay, we're on our way home now.

So Ellie said she can't hear/feel any cracking or break in Bryce's legs. She says it's more than likely that it's a soft tissue issue around the hip. She said that it might be hip dysplasia coz when she examine Bryce's legs and hips, stretching it in different positions, he squealed so loud when it was his right back leg. She asked if that leg has always been extended outwards whenever Bryce is resting or sleeping and I said that he had always done that. He did it when he was on the vet's table while sitting down. She said that position must be where he is at most comfortable.

So she wants for us to try and give him a high dose of Loxicom for 2 weeks and then Bryce will get an x-ray. She wants to see if giving him high dosage of pain meds will help him first. Also on Sunday, I felt a lump in his neck (a different lump from the pellet size lump I said in my previous post). Ellie said it is abscess...again. This is the 3rd time he had an abscess in his neck, almost same position from the previous 2 neck abscesses that Ellie removed in the past. So she will remove it when Bryce gets an xray in 2 weeks, since he needs to have anaesthesia to have the xray anyway. She also want Bryce walking around as usual coz she doesn't want him having more issue like stiffness and such.

Overall, it's a relief that we have an idea now of what is happening. We'll know more about ttreatment plans after the xray. 🤞

At least it sounds manageable and with the pain meds Bryce will feel more comfortable and whatever the problem is it can heal.
Glad he can get his abscess sorted so soon.

Hubby is saying that Ellie must have became a chiropractor for Bryce yesterday. 😂 Yesterday after coming back home, he was walking around their cage normal and not squeaking of pain. And then He was running around this morning according to hubby. So with all the stretching and massaging that Ellie did to him yesterday must have done something. He is eating by himself this morning. He lost a few grams but it was quite expected since we were out yesterday at the vets and him and Whitney are usually unsettled in the car.

Dear Bryce,
I'm glad your leg feels better today. I'm a bit jealous that you will get lots of yummy syringes of the good stuff. I got some again recently because I got hay in my eye but only for one day.
Rumbles,
Dignified Sir George
Dear Sir George,

I hate the critical care now. I'm just fooling pigmum and pigdad whenever they put the syringe in front of me. Pigmum has to do airplane tingy for a few seconds just before I bite the tip of the syringe. She thinks I like it but I was biting it to destroy it! Fools! 😂 But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Loxicom so much and it seems like I'll have that for a long time if my legs/hips won't settle down. ❤️

Hope your eyes are doing better soon. Pigmum sometimes have to wipe my eyes because I usually leave the white liquid stuff that supposed to be for grooming myself and then let it dry around my eyes, so looking like I have rings around my eyes. But why would I clean it myself when there are slaves to do that?! Am I not a genius? 😂😂

All the best,
Bryceyboo

Back