• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pink pee

Mrl05140

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi there - I am new to this site and noticed my girl has had some pinkish/orangish pee...it's been sporadic..one day it's normal and the next it's pinkish. She's been to the vet in the past and they give her an antibiotic, but I don't know if this is something I should be worried about, or am I overreacting being so sporadic...Attaching a few pictures below.

She's 5 or so (she was a rescue) she's been a school pet, but now with the school shut down she's located in my home.

Attachments

• IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2898.JPG
    IMG_2898.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3314.JPG
    IMG_3314.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 3
When tribe hits the air is can dry brown on oxidisation. I’d say if you’re worried then take her to the vet. How long has it been going on? And does she appear in pain when toileting - squeaking? Last question, what were the antibiotics for and when was she prescribed them?
I’ll also tag @Wiebke @Piggies&buns

When tribe hits the air is can dry brown on oxidisation. I’d say if you’re worried then take her to the vet. How long has it been going on? And does she appear in pain when toileting - squeaking? Last question, what were the antibiotics for and when was she prescribed them?
I’ll also tag @Wiebke @Piggies&buns

Hi! - No pain during urination. It's been sporadic for about a week. I tested the pink pee with hydrogen peroxide as it should fizz if it was blood. It does not fizz, so that tells me there is no blood in her urine. The meds in the past were for bladder stones I believe, I'm not entirely sure as it was a while back. I think they did a medicine that treats any infections. I know foods can discolor urine and I did have her on new pellets for about a month...

This is quite obvious but if you have fed her beetroot or red pepper recently then that might be it

New pellets shouldn’t discolour urine. I think it’s things like beetroot and (maybe) too much carrots. I would just keep an eye on it, bearing in mind urine does turn brown.

This is quite obvious but if you have fed her beetroot or red pepper recently then that might be it

I also heard Carrot can change it...she loves them...I have not done beetroot or red pepper.

Be careful not to feed carrot regularly. It’s high in sugar and should be a treat. Maximum once a week and not too big a portion. Red pepper won’t cause discolouration.

Back