• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Please Help. Guinea Pig Nipped At A Bit Of Potato Sprout

WinterAddams

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I let my piggiea roam the kitchen often and I some times find them doing things they shouldnt. A couple days ago one of my piggies nipped at a bit of chocolate on the ground. Tonight the same piggie nipped at a tiny bit of potato sprout. I know potatoes are extremely bad for them, especially the sprout. Please help. I dont know what to do.
When I was hectically running around after the piggie to put her back in the cage and create a thread here the same piggie bumped her head slighly when I was trying to pick her up from the floor. She has no limp, walks fine, runs around and gets out of the cage when the door is open as usual. Any signs I should look for in order to know if she hurt herself?
I'll leave a picture of the potato she nipped so you can see.
Please help. I don't anything to happen to my baby...

IMG_20170803_230322.jpg

I wouldn't be alarmed too much. Many piggies on here have eaten what they should not- plastic bags,lily leaves & chocolate etc. The only ime to worry is if you notice any changes in your guinea pig. Eg. Less appetite or less poo. Though from the picture it doesn't look like she got too much of the sprout so I think she'll be fine. :)

I wouldn't be alarmed too much. Many piggies on here have eaten what they should not- plastic bags,lily leaves & chocolate etc. The only ime to worry is if you notice any changes in your guinea pig. Eg. Less appetite or less poo. Though from the picture it doesn't look like she got too much of the sprout so I think she'll be fine. :)
She's doing fine. He poos are fine and she is eating and drinking like she always does. Even after her little bump on the head she still runs, hides, lays down like a lazy piggie, escapes from the cage and her head is fine, it's not leaning to the side or anything.

Please keep a close on on them like you are.

Just make sure no potato are around on ground in future as piggies are pesky little things, always into things they shouldn't be.

Please keep a close on on them like you are.

Just make sure no potato are around on ground in future as piggies are pesky little things, always into things they shouldn't be.
The piggy is doing just fine. Apart from the hectic car trip today hehehe. Thank God we put them in a cooler place on the car because it broke down and it was very hot outside.

The piggy is doing just fine. Apart from the hectic car trip today hehehe. Thank God we put them in a cooler place on the car because it broke down and it was very hot outside.
Glad to hear they are doing OK :) and oh god sounds like you had some bad luck with your car.

Glad to hear they are doing OK :) and oh god sounds like you had some bad luck with your car.
Yeah. Kind of a bad trip. My piggies had already been kind of sneezy and with a little crackle in their noses. The vet said their lungs were fine and that their noses were probably just irritated. But after this trip one of my piggies had a runny nose. I phoned the vet imediately and she said that since it was clear it was probably because of the nose irritation from the air conditioner. I guess it's just the natural mucus coming out from that. These piggies are such complicated creatures. I love them to bits but at every slight sign of illness I just freak out.

Yeah. Kind of a bad trip. My piggies had already been kind of sneezy and with a little crackle in their noses. The vet said their lungs were fine and that their noses were probably just irritated. But after this trip one of my piggies had a runny nose. I phoned the vet imediately and she said that since it was clear it was probably because of the nose irritation from the air conditioner. I guess it's just the natural mucus coming out from that. These piggies are such complicated creatures. I love them to bits but at every slight sign of illness I just freak out.
Don't worry I'm the exact same. Rushed Mo to the vets when he was sneezing and the vets laughed when I explained why ud brought him. Turns out it wasn't anything serious and probably due to the hay.

I suggest that you change her running time area, kitchen is rather dangerous for me with all of these dangerous food lying around. Living room or your own room is better :yahoo:

Back