• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Please Send Your Vibes To Pili Pala!

I really wish they would come! Right now the poor lady is rather poorly and uncomfortable (due another lot of metacam) while waiting for the gut stimulants to kick in again... it is a constant up and down. :(
Who’d think we could spend hours willing a piggy to pass a poo. Unless you are a piggy person you just don’t realise that this can be a life saving event. All the best @Wiebke . Xx

Who’d think we could spend hours willing a piggy to pass a poo. Unless you are a piggy person you just don’t realise that this can be a life saving event. All the best @Wiebke . Xx

There is a little bit of something smelly and mushy coming through now, but as you say, I couldn't be happier! it means that the guts are operational again all the way through even if it took two days...

Just back from the vets, and they were very happy with the gurgling in the gut.

They also got a tiny piece of hay out from under her eyelid, which was starting to cause a spot of conjunctivitis. I couldn't do it myself as it required two hands to hold Pili and a pair of tweezers wielded very carefully by somebody else!

Pili has to stay on gut stimulants and observation for at least another week. She'll get syringe feed until I am sure that she is eating normally.

Hurrah for the good news! I'm very pleased to hear that it's all moving in the right direction. Especially the poo!

Well done to both of you, and keep up the good work. :clap:

Keep going little Pili. You can do it with the determination of your Mum. Glad that things have improved a bit.

I remember shedding a few tears at Brambles first poo when she was very sick..and Leonards first solid one the other week after his UTI! Theres nothing like being a piggy owner sometimes..

So please for you that Pili Pala is on the up, everything crossed that continues :)

I have only just found this. I am so please she is picking up. Fingers crossed that it continues and I hope you get some rest soon too.xx

So pleased to see she is getting better :luv: Come on little butterfly, we all have our paws crossed for a full recovery xx

Lots of healing vibes being sent still x

Both Pili and I are very happy ladies!

Pili because she feels well enough to have an appetite again (not a full one yet, so she requires extra topping up feed sessions).
I am of course ever so relieved because I do no longer have to syringe feed her as she can top herself up under her own steam! God bless her addiction to probiotic infused mushed pellets (she's not keen on the taste of formula)! In her case, her obsession is a life saver - literally!

I couldn't have been more delighted to have Pili Pala rushing up to me again since last evening in order to be picked up for her mushies after all the manhandling of the last few days, which I have obviously already been forgiven for!

It is so touching and humbling to have this level of trust from an initially very skittish piggy not wanting to be touched or handled after needing months of care to get over an advanced case of mites with a huge deep sore, which she kept biting open again repeatedly as soon as it had healed shut as a newly rescued youngster.

Here is a video from last nights 4 am session during a break in the bowl diving. Enjoy!

PS: Pili has maintained her weight overnight. She is currently weighing around 720g, that is up 70g from her bottom weight before the nutrients from the many syringe feeding sessions slowly started to filter through.

That's such a relief to know she's on the mend and a great video too. She's such a beautiful girl. Xx

I'm so glad things are looking up for you and Pili, this is excellent news!

Thanks for sharing the beautiful video, she's a beautiful piggy... I can't help but think of how much she reminds me of my Hero!

Here is a comparison between Pili Pala's first (few) tiny and shapeless poos, which arrived 2 1/2 days after her guts started working again and tonight's poos, which are still a touch squishy, but normally formed and in parts a normal size again. This reflects her gradually increasing appetite and normalisation of the guts one week after the onset of her GI stasis.
Pili Pala has passed another mile stone today - she's now passed the 750g mark. She's still getting one daily extra feeding session (by self service bowl) and is still on guts stimulants, but I am going to stop the latter tomorrow as the guts are obviously working as they should now and the weight is hopefully going to pick up more quickly with Pili Pala able to eat and process a normal portion again.

1st post-stasis poos on Thursday (reflecting the syringe feeding effort during GI stasis):
IMG_5905_edited-1.jpg

Poos 1 week after the onset of GI stasis (Saturday):
IMG_5908_edited-1.jpg

Back