• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Poor Dennis is a bit grunty!

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I've just collected Betsy and Dennis from the Boarders. Dennis sounds like he's snoring and is a bit grunty. I'll have to take him to the vet tomorrow. I think he has the start of a URI by the sounds of it. He still ate his veggies, is running around and is still quite bright.

I've just collected Betsy and Dennis from the Boarders. Dennis sounds like he's snoring and is a bit grunty. I'll have to take him to the vet tomorrow. I think he has the start of a URI by the sounds of it. He still ate his veggies, is running around and is still quite bright.

All the best! The stress from not being in their accustomed home can lower the immune system and make a piggy more susceptible to opportunistic illnesses. But I hope that it is just a temporary issue and not a URI. All the best tomorrow.

Oh no Dennis. Get well soon. Lots of healing wheeks from my four 😘

Poor Dennis. Not what you needed. Hope all is sorted soon, and he continues to enjoy his veggies.

Just got back from the vets. The vet said that Dennis just has a bit of inflamation. His lungs are clear and his temperature is normal. Dennis has been prescribed Metacam for 5 days. If he gets a snotty nose or starts sneezing I have to phone them up and they will put some YUKKY Baytril up for him that I have to go and collect.

Poor Dennis.
At least Metacam tastes better than Baytril ( so I’m told).
Hope he’s better soon

Just seen this, hope poor little Dennis makes a full recovery from his snuffle, doesn’t sound like an infection, maybe a bit of hay dust x

Back