• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Poor Little Piggie!

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
This is a screenshot taken from Facebook from our local Animal Shelter in Cornwall. It beggars belief how people can be so cruel to keep an animal in this condition. Let’s hope Stan pulls through, poor little chap, it’s heartbreaking
76D099B1-0A54-49C0-A0FE-0CA086A49F43.png

Betsy

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Ouch! That looks really sore. Poor little Stan. Clearly another believer in "It's only a guinea pig I'm not wasting money on a vet!" Makes my blood boil how anyone could let any living creature get in such a state. You wouldn't leave a cat or dog like it would you? So why let a guinea pig get in that state? :rtm::cen:

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Yes, you are right there. How could anyone let this happen, I believe he is the worst but not the only one. These people should be prosecuted and never allowed pets again :cen:

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
It makes me so angry when I see any animal that is suffering due to neglect. How can you let a piggy get into such a state. These people should be be prosecuted and banned from keeping any animals.

I do hope the poor little fella recovers. Is there anything we can do to help. Does the rescue need extra funds for vet treatment?

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I don’t know really, I look on Facebook sometimes just to look at the piggies. They do try and neuter all their Male piggies and won’t sell singles unless you have a piggie already. They house lots of abandoned animals, sheep, goats, duck and rabbit etc. they are not on our recommended list, but do really good work around West Cornwall. Its Maria’s Animal Shelter, I’ve never been there but I would go there for piggies in the future, now I know they exist. I think they have raised 130 pounds for his vet costs so far x I don’t have Facebook account but will keep looking and see if he makes it through and keep everyone informed x

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I don’t know really, I look on Facebook sometimes just to look at the piggies. They do try and neuter all their Male piggies and won’t sell singles unless you have a piggie already. They house lots of abandoned animals, sheep, goats, duck and rabbit etc. they are not on our recommended list, but do really good work around West Cornwall. Its Maria’s Animal Shelter, I’ve never been there but I would go there for piggies in the future, now I know they exist. I think they have raised 130 pounds for his vet costs so far x I don’t have Facebook account but will keep looking and see if he makes it through and keep everyone informed x
I've made a donation. Do hope the poor little fella recovers. xx

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I've made a donation. Do hope the poor little fella recovers. xx
Aw, that’s lovely of you, I am going to do too. I’ve also got some unwanted Christmas presents that I will take up for their next tombola/open day raffle x
Let’s hope they can turn him around, it took me a while to realise which end was which in the photo, but he has the dearest little face x

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Aw, that’s lovely of you, I am going to do too. I’ve also got some unwanted Christmas presents that I will take up for their next tombola/open day raffle x
Let’s hope they can turn him around, it took me a while to realise which end was which in the photo, but he has the dearest little face x
I’ve made one by PayPal because I can’t use the donate to Stan button as I don’t have Facebook, but it will go indirectly to him x

cavylover2002

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sending love and healing vibes. Poor little guy, so innocent! I hope he is able to pull through. I am glad he is in safe hands at the shelter and won't be harmed again. Things like this make me so upset! 😢