• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Poorly oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
8...Some days just feel like giving it all up dont you.I have had one of those stressful guinea pig weeks.Oliver my himy came down poorly last week,could not quite put finger on it.Trip to vets for ? water infection,and by end of week he had really perked up over weekend and thought relief ! he seems on the mend.Yesterday he went down again,bizarely he had also been hair barbered by his sow cindy,never had any problem between them so not sure if she sensing stress.He looks fragile this morning and although eating,drinking and pooping he does not look well.I have done all i was advised by various cavie friends,vit c, metatone tonic.Sometimes you just feel so frustrated.No evidence of any fungal goings on.He was excessively drinking for over 5 months and despite cavie diabetes diet changes i just fear kidney problems, why oliver 8...

So sorry, sometimes it just feels like there is no end in sight to it, doesn't it?

You think a corner has been turned and things just continue or get worse... The most frustrating part is not been able to ask them how they are feeling or what is hurting. All you can do is what you are doing and that's loving them and trying to find out whats wrong.

Hopefully Oliver will turn the corner and head is the right direction

my son Oliver is also poorly with a suspected water infection... :( (((hugs)))

I'm sorry, I've had a similiar problem with a sow. She was drinking excessively then suddenly stopped a short time after she passed. I have since researched the symptons to understand Bettes illness, the books suggest its linked to either kidneys or diabetes. Bette had diabetes.

I will be thinking of you and Oliver tonight, I know just what it's like. I do hope for a better outcome for you.

Sending huge hugs and healthy Vibes for Oliver. x>>

Sorry Oliver is poorly, seems you are having a rough time of it lately. How is he doing today,keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Oliver little fighter bless him. He poorly but still making efforts to eat and has eaten quite bit this evening. Water and science recovery also given. Just making him comfy and warm. Off to the vets tomorrow. Thanks for kind words x x

Oliver little fighter bless him. He poorly but still making efforts to eat and has eaten quite bit this evening. Water and science recovery also given. Just making him comfy and warm. Off to the vets tomorrow. Thanks for kind words x x

Good luck, thinking of you and Oliver. xx

It's very hard, we all know, just don't give up. All you can do is your best. Hope he gets better.

Hmmmm...sounds like there is a change in dynamics...I have had paired piggies before who, when one is ill, try and help them by nibbling areas...

SO...where is she barbaring his coat? That may be significant to help identify the source/organ of his problems......even if secondary to the prinicple porblem

But at least it will give you and the vet a starting point...

Sorry can;t be of more help...and wishing you all good vibes..

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back