Post dental Duke needs your good wishes!

Merrypigs Sanctuary

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Today this handsome little dude Duke aka Duck had dental work on his molars! Poor chap had no hay before he got here and his molars had bridged, trapping his tongue. How he was holding a steady weight and eating so well is a mystery!

Poor guy is a bit dazed and wobbly thanks to his super strong painkiller but he's had some critical care and seems hungry for it. All his veg is cut into tiny pieces and he managed to pick up a piece of lettuce and eat it by himself! I've even crushed his nuggets for him 😁 He's had a drink from his bottle too.

He was quite happy to waddle about the house rumble strutting at the neighbours aka Eric and Miley, scent marking everywhere and headbutting me out of his way 😂

Please send him all your well wishes and get well soon prayers ❤ The sleepy boar in question!
IMG-20181231-WA0001.jpg

Wheekallweek

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks for your well wishes for Duke everyone!
He’s much brighter today, enjoyed some floor time earlier on and has been enjoying his syringe food.
He ate a few tiny pieces of veggies and herbs overnight last night however is still really struggling to pick up and chew anything solid, although it’s only been twenty four hours! He’s started drinking from his bottle and truffled around in his hay, although I don’t know if he actually ate anything.
He’s such a good boy :love:

6DED4BC7-E924-4333-9322-3DDB8C417029.jpeg
D3912AEF-6160-4604-8D83-F5543DC15D65.jpeg

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
When Ted had his first dental with GA he struggled to eat for a long time. Incisors cut too short, but I hand fed him grass, dandelion leaves, beetroot strips out of Bistro Salad which he managed to eat better than anything. I used to roll any leaves up like a cigar, which he found easier than a flat leaf. Hope this might help. Sending healing vibes to little Duke x