Post dental Duke needs your good wishes!

Wheekallweek

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So we’re back!
Kim had a good look and his front top teeth were way too long, double the length they should have been, although I don’t blame our vets as they aren’t massively experienced with pigs. So she burred those down, his little face looks so funny bless him!
She had a look at his back teeth too, she said our normal vets hadn’t done too bad a job, however there were some very small spurs bottom left which she filed down. However there was one large spur top left which had caused quite a big ulcer, so that’s been filed too. Kim thought the problems are all on the left as he broke that tooth right down not long after they came to us, having a fight with his poor brother Tucker.
He was also on 0.12ml once daily of cat Metacam which she said is no where near enough; he’s now on 0.2ml twice daily of dog Loxicom. We left him in there with Kim for ten minutes, heard a few wheeks from the back, and he was done.
Walked into the room and he was sitting there on the table. Eating spinach. Like literally chewing it and swallowing it. We have to fold it up small and pass it to him but... HE WAS EATING! I can’t believe it!
Guys you were all totally right, Kim was amazing!
He’s going back in a couple of weeks for a check up, hopefully his incisors won’t overgrow again.
YAY!

Here he is helping himself to some spinach from the bag! (Also please excuse the dirty fleece; that’s his critical care blanket lol)
2EB5599B-77B5-46A0-9CFE-11DBE7FCA93C.jpeg

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Yay, I’m so glad. This is exactly what happened when we first took Ted, started eating hay within 10 minutes. I’m so relieved it went well for him. Come on now little Duke get tucking in x :yahoo:

Merrypigs Sanctuary

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
He was actually excited for his top up syringe food instead of fighting it 😍 Didn't want to give him too much as Kim asked us to make sure he was eating solids to keep his teeth down. But when I put the bowl on the floor he started munching it 😂 he even managed some pepper (he's been carrying it around from room to room with him like a dog all evening!) Heheh his critical care blanket is making another another appearance in the corner there, we always have it to hand now 😁
Aaaaargh I'm so happy :yahoo:Kim and Simon truly are lifesavers!
IMG_20190107_221921.jpg

Betsy

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
He was actually excited for his top up syringe food instead of fighting it 😍 Didn't want to give him too much as Kim asked us to make sure he was eating solids to keep his teeth down. But when I put the bowl on the floor he started munching it 😂 he even managed some pepper (he's been carrying it around from room to room with him like a dog all evening!) Heheh his critical care blanket is making another another appearance in the corner there, we always have it to hand now 😁
Aaaaargh I'm so happy :yahoo:Kim and Simon truly are lifesavers!
View attachment 104210
Blimey you have him well trained! He looks like he's syringe feeding himself there.:lol!: