• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Potentially Dangerous Cage Accessories And Toys

Hi guys I just saw this post shared on Facebook and thought I'd mention it in here though I can't remember if it's been mentioned on here before. I myself haven't bought one of these but those of you who have just be careful.

Btw- the guinea pig pictured is safe now and ok the owner just took a picture to show you what could happen.

FB_IMG_1511764108994.jpg

FB_IMG_1511764113883.jpg

Hi guys I just saw this post shared on Facebook and thought I'd mention it in here though I can't remember if it's been mentioned on here before. I myself haven't bought one of these but those of you who have just be careful.

Btw- the guinea pig pictured is safe now and ok the owner just took a picture to show you what could happen.

View attachment 75645

View attachment 75646
Yikes! I was planning to buy one of these for my piggies absoutly not anymore.

Wow reading this thread has scared the life out of me, glad we have none of those things for our two. So sad to think the poor piggies get hurt and must be so frightened :eek:

Mine hate a ball like that but the rings are close together and the Ike’s in between are to small for a pig to stick their head in.

I am always terrified of toys hurting my piggy. She chews everything that sits long enough for her to get her teeth on it. I have a hay net which has thing bars wich her head can not fit through is that ok?

Yes Its Ok. I have one like that and as long as the pigs head doesn’t fit between the wires it’s safe.

View attachment 75645

View attachment 75646
I had the same thing happen to me but not so serious my piggie nugget just walked through it and sorta wore it like skirt I easily got it of him

I have a hay rack specially for the pigs. They adore it and sit in it. Here is a picture of it. Is this ok?

756EB4FF-66B0-47E8-9536-1575AAFA2260.jpeg

I think a while back there was an incident where a guinea pig got it's head caught in a hay rack just like that and was strangled. I could be wrong but I'm sure it was one like that.

I think a while back there was an incident where a guinea pig got it's head caught in a hay rack just like that and was strangled. I could be wrong but I'm sure it was one like that.
Yes it was that one, I was thinking of buying it before I read about that.

Another common pitfall with guinea pig toys are things with threads/string attached. Luckily, I have never had an incident with any, but a friend's piggie nearly died after a loose string go wrapped round its throat. :td:

i used to have this food hay thing and its kinda like the one in the first post but with smaller lines and my guinea pig opened it very easily and got stuck!1537871068215.png

Back