• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Prayers to Ukraine💙💛

Sending prayers to Ukraine 🇺🇦 and the Ukrainian people 🙏
Also perhaps we should pray for our leaders to find the best way to end the conflict ... and salute the Russian people who were brave enough to protest against Putin's unprovoked aggression and show that it is possible to be both Russian and a decent human being

I am in contact with a family (British) who have been living/working in Moscow since 2017. I got an email from them yesterday and they say most Russians are shocked and devastated by this invasion and don't support Putin.

I had the same impression hearing from Russian people I know and seeing the anti war protests in Moscow and all around Russia. I really don't think the Russian people as a whole can be blamed and luckily it does not seem the world feels so either. It is very unfortunate so many Russian people will now suffer due to Putin's actions. I really hope Putin will be out of power one way or another soon. I fear for what his true plans are.

Piggy daddy's Uncle John is taking this very hard, their family are originally Ukrainian Jewish and fled Ukraine to escape the Nazis in 1941 when John (now age 80) was a baby. 80 years later it's all happening again with a different delusional despot :(
It's always the ordinary people who suffer, I don't think most Russians support Putin's mad plans at all... this nuclear threat he's made now is awful...

Its like the old Stalin days all over again. No one in power in Russia dare go against Putin's plans. There are Russians who are against what is happening but they are too few in numbers and soon easily silenced. They are brave people to voice their objections and who knows what will happen to them. I hope that somewhere someone gets close enough to Putin to put an end to the madness he has let loose. An assassination seems the only resolution but it would have to be a martyr to do it.

How do you deal with a narcissistic megalomaniac.
He's plain dangerous.
My thoughts are with everyone effected by this madman.

Piggy daddy's Uncle John is taking this very hard, their family are originally Ukrainian Jewish and fled Ukraine to escape the Nazis in 1941 when John (now age 80) was a baby. 80 years later it's all happening again with a different delusional despot :(
It's always the ordinary people who suffer, I don't think most Russians support Putin's mad plans at all... this nuclear threat he's made now is awful...
🇺🇦Aw, lots of sympathy to piggy daddy's uncle, having the trauma of his childhood re-awakened like this!

I think the nuclear threat and all the other things Putin has said about Europe and the US are more aimed at his domestic audience than us (though of course they wind up our leaders and make ordinary people here anxious.). Its all a fiction. He wants to try to shift all the responsibility for starting the war and the carnage onto other people in the eyes of Russian people, to make a common enemy so the people unite behind him and stop thinking about all the bad things his government is doing at home and the way the country is managed for the benefit of himself and his cronies alone. He is a terrrible story-teller though, the things he says are so predictable. Intelligence people have been predicting for weeks the things he might do or say, with the echoes of Czechoslovakia in 1938 and Poland in 1940 among others.

Many Russians though aren't so gullible as to believe Putin - but what if Putin himself is now so paranoid that he believes his own propaganda....

Up till this point in life I've not had much time for things like the internet and smartphones but you can see in these sorts of situations how true information can permeate even an iron curtain. My lad is the same age as some of those poor young Russian conscripts who didn't realise where they were being sent. I was so moved by those Ukrainians looking after that tearful, frightened boy and helping him call his mum.

I've heard Anonymous have joined in a mass hacking effort to disrupt Russian systems! We really are living in the future...

Back