• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Princess Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozzaruna

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi
I had Guinea pig called princess Susan she was very happy Guinea pig but she was quite old I had her for 6 year since she was a baby but on 17 January I went to get her out off her cage to have cuddle with her but she was on her side I shouted and crying and then my mum came to have a look we both brought her in keep her warm but she had stroke a she went all floppy and could not stand up at all and was making noise in pain she could not speak at all we tried feed her food and water but did not want any she was dieing slowly on my lap while I was stroking her now she has gone i can't take my mind off it she was my baby she meant so much too me hope she knows that just can't stop crying at all now It is so different in my house with out her she was so cute every thing dose Remind me of Susan I can't even look at any pictures of her her cage still out side still feel like she in their but know she not but

Hi and welcome!

I am so sorry that you have lost your special Princess. Even though she has lived a very good lifespan, it is never easy to let a piggy go, especially if the death comes unexpected and out of the blue. At least Princess Susan didn't suffer long - although that is not much of a consolation for you right now!

The emptiness is worst at first when a beloved pet has been so much part of your life. It is likely to hit you hard for a while to come whenever you are suddenly reminded of her in some little unthinking way or other as you slowly adapt to a daily routine without her.

There are usually only two ways to react to a beloved pet's death. You either go through the pictures in a desperate attempt to keep a connection or you are not able to look at anything of hers, simply because it hurts too much. Either is perfectly normal. It will come in its own time.

We all have to grieve in the same amount as we have loved. They are the two sides of the same coin. It is often worst when it is the very first time you have been confronted with dying and the loss of a beloved member of your family (and a pet is that!). Princess Susan is well loved by you, but that is why it is so painful to deal with her loss AND with the shock of her unexpected death all at once now.

Please cry and give yourself time to grieve. You can't hurry that on.

However, if you find that your grieving is interfering with your daily life and your ability to sleep and concentrate in the longer term, then please seek help with a free pet bereavement phone line. These are tended by specially schooled people who are trained to listen and to help you find a constructive way of dealing with your loss.
If you please added your country to details, we can give you a link to free services available where you are. You can add your country by clicking on your username on the top bar, then going to personal details and scrolling down to location. Please do not add more than that, as you are a minor. We have got members from all over the world, so we would need to know if you wish us to help you in that respect.
This has helped other members of our forum in the past who struggled to come to terms with their own loss.

You can also start a diary about your feelings and what Susan has meant to you, writing down special memories as they come to you. That can help you to unburden yourself, especially at first, but also keep your precious bond and a special part of your life with Susan tangible for the future.

If and whenever you feel that you would like to share your precious time with Princess Susan with people who understand what she means to you, you are welcome to post a tribute to her in our Rainbow Bridge section - whether that is days, weeks or months down the line, or never!

Thank you every one for your support lots of friends and family have been hear for me it has got too me a lot princess Susan death I use sit and watch to with my stepdad and mum and cat and princess Susan now the new days every single thing I do is different my cat can tell I am upset she keeps siting in my lap to try keep me happy all my friends and family really under stand because they know how much I loved her I'm go miss her lots it's so different round hear

image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back