• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Proper Cage Size for Two Piggies?

rinlalin

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hello all! I currently have one piggie, but he's at the vet. I got him about a week ago and when I go pick him up, i'm going to get him a buddy.

I just bought this cage from chewy.com and wanted to know if it would comfortably house two piggies.

the link to the product is here. i got it in plus size.

thanks in advance for replying! much love.

I've heard of a few members using the Midwest cage and heard positive things though I think they removed the middle bars so it's one larger run space (better for popcorning and zoomies) it does meet the minimum cage size requirement of 8ft as shown in the cage size guide Cage Size Guide

It could be suitable as long as they get a healthy amount of playtime. But I built a cage for less than 20 dollars that had 12 square feet of area. So bigger is better.

hello all! I currently have one piggie, but he's at the vet. I got him about a week ago and when I go pick him up, i'm going to get him a buddy.

I just bought this cage from chewy.com and wanted to know if it would comfortably house two piggies.

the link to the product is here. i got it in plus size.

thanks in advance for replying! much love.
In my personal opinion and experience this cage was too small for two guinea pigs. It didn't give them enough room to get away from each other if they wanted to and there was lots of fighting going on. When my guinea pigs got an upgrade to a cage that had 20 sq feet, their was no fighting at all. The recommended minimum by guineapigcages.com is 10 sq feet for two guinea pigs and even though it's not that much under the minimum, it does make a difference.

Back