• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Quick Question. Pls. - Round lettuce OK?

Hi. Just bought some Round Lettuce. is it ok for piggies plsView attachment 113277

It is OK to feed, but it is not the most nutritious.

You can even feed iceberg lettuce in a pinch if the supermarket shelf or your fridge is otherwise empty; it just has very little nutrional value and comes with some things that are not good when fed regularly. ;)

It is OK to feed, but it is not the most nutritious.

You can even feed iceberg lettuce in a pinch if the supermarket shelf or your fridge is otherwise empty; it just has very little nutrional value and comes with some things that are not good when fed regularly. ;)
I've never seen it before hence why i asked. thank you. hope you ok and hubby

Mine like round lettuce Dave they like curly leaf lettuce even more. Little Gem is their favourite and they absolutely LOVE chicory.

Mine like romaine and little gem, the asda ones usually stay fresh for a week so its usually coriander on saturday and sunday when we've just been shopping, spinach mix or babyleaf salad monday and tuesday, then romaine or little gem later in the week once the good stuff has run out! Never tried round lettuce with them, good to know its ok though if asda doesnt have much else in!

I've just this second sat down from feeding my little horde their veg, complete with a round lettuce :) I don't often do lettuce but when I do, this one is one of their favourites!

I've just this second sat down from feeding my little horde their veg, complete with a round lettuce :) I don't often do lettuce but when I do, this one is one of their favourites!
That's good to know
Piggies are very fussy. if I cut cumumber into battons yummy. if I slice it . . .it's like whaaatt :doh:

I think this lettuce is also called “butterhead” lettuce, it’s often in mixed lettuce seed varieties. We have one in our veg plot at the moment along with red and green frizzy lettuces and oak leaves lettuce

Back