• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ralph and Arnold...Seperated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommaPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes...You got it...
Two seperate little boys...And I really don't know if I even want to try and re-bond them after this...

I was sat here about an hour ago...Ripping music for MP3 Player and suddenly there was this massive banging, crashing and clanging noise upstairs...
It didn't sound like their usual popcorning antics, so I went to check it out...

Arnold was sat in the hay loft, his head tilted funny, chattering and squealing like he was in pain...
I go to grab him and he squeals like I've just hit him and makes a run for the pigloo.
I manage to get him out and his beautiful white chin fur is covered in blood...

It doesn't take a genius to realise that Ralph attacked him...And the white fur around Ralph's pigloo meant that he had really gone to town on little Arnold...
So I seperated them and together some boiled water (cooled) cotten pads and buds, lay out a fleece blankets on our chest freezer and then got Arnold down so I could clean his wound...
And then I realised how deep it was...Ralph has pretty much caught the corner of his mouth and torn it...
My poor little boy...He was so brave when I was trying to clean it but I decided it was too big a job for me....

So we're off to see the vet in 30 minutes. The receptionist said there were no vets on the premises so 2:40 was the best she could do...Not her fault, so I thanked her and took it!
I didn't mention how I have NO money, mind you....
Let's hope they don't mind waiting until Saturday for their payment...

Oh, dear...
Not a good day...Not a good day...

Oh no! Poor little Arnold, I hope he is ok and not too shocked after his ordeal?
I hope you're ok too?
Let us know how you get on at the vets, I'm sure they'll be able to clean him up.

I'm so sorry to hear that :0 Hope Arnold will be alright! Sending him healing (((((((((((((vibes))))))))))))) Hope you are OK as well. x

BIG HUG

I am so sorry - I hope that the vet visit goes OK.
I would NOT try to rebond after a fight like that.

Oh no! Naughty Ralph.
Poor little Arnold. I hope he's ok and the vets can sort him out. Good luck with him, poor little lad :(.

Well, just got back from the vets...He had a good look at Arnold and wow...His mouth is torn pretty badly...
It looks really nasty and even the vet cringed. They've taken him to have stitches...
He was such a little trooper, he wriggled a bit at first but after a few minutes he just sat there and let the vet have a good look at him and when the vet let him go, Arnold came dashing across the table to me and cuddled up to me.

He was such a good boy.

It's so scary though...Having to sign one of those consent forms because they're going to anethatise him...I'm really scared. :(
I hope my little boy will be okay...
He's always the one going to see the vet...He's such an unlucky chap but he's so lovely, it's not fair.

I'm sorry. I hope Arnold feels better soon. Hes such a sweetie

I'm constantly at the vets with mine - not from fighting but other things :/

I just got a call from the vets now, he's had his stitches and he's waking up but he's still pretty out of it so they want me to go over at about 5 and pick him up.

I'm supposed to be in work for 5...So there's an interesting phone call to be had. They'll just have to accept that I'm going to be late, there's diddly squat they can do about it.

But yes...He'll be home soon. It's only been an hour and I feel like I've been waiting all day! :{

I gave Ralph a nice cuddle...I shouted at him earlier because he was trying to get to Arnold when I was sorting out the make-shift cage (The ELC ball bit :{ I am so glad I have it!) but I can't blame him...
I'm just glad I went to check out all the fuss, otherwise it could have been alot worse. :(

How are the boys now? So sorry to hear that they have fallen out after 2 happy years together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back