• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Recommended water bottles

Aimee S

New Born Pup
Reaction score
What water bottles would you recommend for piggies? I've been using a water dish up until now, but they keep turning it into a poop soup and I've had enough of it 🙃

I use(d) the Living World glass bottles. I had pigs years ago who managed to destroy any plastic bottle they were given, glass not so much.

Hello Chips!

My guinea pigs really love using the Ferplast Sippy Large (600ml). You notice them drink more from this water bottle compared to traditional types you see, which I have used as well. The way the sipping pin is designed for this product seems to make it more effortless for them to get the water into their adorable little mouths 😊

Other plus points include:
1. Easy to refill and clean the water bottle because you can open the lid from the top, which has a wide opening.
2. You can place the water bottle anywhere on your cage wall because it does not use wires or springs, instead it uses a plastic screw. It also comes with 3 suction cups you can use for glass enclosures.

Downsides:
1. They are only made of plastic, and there is no glass version. Glass is more durable than plastic of course (unless you drop it 😆).
2. While the main container of the water bottle is easier to clean, the sipping mechanism is more difficult to disassemble and clean. However, it can be done, of course.

Here is a link to the product:
SIPPY 4676 LARGE

All in all, the plus points outweigh the downsides for me. I would recommend it! 😃

I can't remember the name of the water bottles, but we use the Buttercup cage-mounted bottle holders - they are great if the thought of faffing with wires and springs puts you off the whole thing. Can't bring it up on my phone right now but if you search my threads for Buttercup you'll find a post with a link 🙂

I can't remember the name of the water bottles, but we use the Buttercup cage-mounted bottle holders - they are great if the thought of faffing with wires and springs puts you off the whole thing. Can't bring it up on my phone right now but if you search my threads for Buttercup you'll find a post with a link 🙂

This one?

(sorry, I missed this one when you posted it)

No problem, this is what I keep a keyboard and mouse around for!

I thought about them since I've seen them on Etsy before, but they're so expensive 😩. I've bought some Crystal water bottles for now just to see if they'll even like them :')

I thought about them since I've seen them on Etsy before, but they're so expensive 😩. I've bought some Crystal water bottles for now just to see if they'll even like them :')

Yeah I did it in stages tbh, one as a trial one pay cheque and then the two others properly budgeted for later. Definitely worth buying direct and not through Etsy though; I haven't seen this particular listing but as a rule Etsy charges sellers so that is passed on to the customer. I think each of mine was a tenner as I already had bottles 🙂 Worth it personally though, I'm aware that certain tasks can trigger paralysing overwhelm for me (even when logically they're no big deal), and I can't risk that when it comes to critical tasks for my dependents. My husband always helps when I need him to ofc, but if I can find a way out for myself I'll take it!

I have some of the glass bottles my old piggies loved them, my current piggies won't touch them! I think the spouts are slightly longer and on a different angle on the glass ones. We are using the Crystal bottles with the Buttercup holders. The holders make changing 7 bottles easy no more wrestling with springs and wires and stabbing my thumb! The price of the holders isn't too bad, it's the postage that makes them so expensive. I wish I'd got mine all at the same time instead of trying to decide if I needed that many and ending up paying postage 3 times.

Back