red pepper seeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm still new to guinea pigs and just wanted to know if they are ok to have the seeds inside the bell peppers?

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I don't think the seeds are ok. But Piggies do love the Peppers themselves and they are high in Vit C.

Reaction score
The seeds can get stuck in their teeth. It's also a choking hazard so best not to remove them just to be safe :)

2280CLAIRE

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The seeds can get stuck in their teeth. It's also a choking hazard so best not to remove them just to be safe :)

The way mine gobble down their veg, I have to make sure there are no seeds...they probably would choke rolleyes

Reaction score
I don't give mine seeds or the whiteish membraine part either, both can be very bitter

Astral Heart

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I wouldn't give them the seeds in peppers, but I'm iffy with fruits and their seeds...

Reaction score
Red Pepper seeds are the best for the health of of guinea pigs and it has the highest vitamin C concentration in it . So you may give red pepper seeds to piggies .

PiggiePal

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i wouldn't give them to be honest. Clean out the pepper before giving it to them x

Reaction score
^ I though that too

I don't really give my piggies any seeds from fruit/veg

CiaraPatricia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I feed them the whole peppers, including the seeds. I don't really know why you can't so I do . . . they're not on any lists of poisonous foods I've seen.

Also there are little seeds and bits in some guinea pig foods, so I don't think they're any more likely to choke on pepper seeds.

And people can eat them, they're often in food.

So I don't see why not . . . but open to learn different :)

But I'm wary about fruit seeds, like apple of course is poisonous. I don't feed them citrus seeds either, they're bitter, lol. But I do feed them melon seeds, I dunno if that's ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.