• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

red pepper seeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm still new to guinea pigs and just wanted to know if they are ok to have the seeds inside the bell peppers?

No, I don't think the seeds are ok. But Piggies do love the Peppers themselves and they are high in Vit C.

The seeds can get stuck in their teeth. It's also a choking hazard so best not to remove them just to be safe :)

The seeds can get stuck in their teeth. It's also a choking hazard so best not to remove them just to be safe :)

The way mine gobble down their veg, I have to make sure there are no seeds...they probably would choke rolleyes

I don't give mine seeds or the whiteish membraine part either, both can be very bitter

I wouldn't give them the seeds in peppers, but I'm iffy with fruits and their seeds...

Red Pepper seeds are the best for the health of of guinea pigs and it has the highest vitamin C concentration in it . So you may give red pepper seeds to piggies .

i wouldn't give them to be honest. Clean out the pepper before giving it to them x

^ I though that too

I don't really give my piggies any seeds from fruit/veg

I feed them the whole peppers, including the seeds. I don't really know why you can't so I do . . . they're not on any lists of poisonous foods I've seen.

Also there are little seeds and bits in some guinea pig foods, so I don't think they're any more likely to choke on pepper seeds.

And people can eat them, they're often in food.

So I don't see why not . . . but open to learn different :)

But I'm wary about fruit seeds, like apple of course is poisonous. I don't feed them citrus seeds either, they're bitter, lol. But I do feed them melon seeds, I dunno if that's ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back