• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Ringworm medication

Nfrye

Junior Guinea Pig
I think my guinea pig has ringworm and I was wondering if I could use the same treatment for it that can be used on people or do I have to buy a special treatment for guinea pigs

Betsy

Forum Donator 2017/18
You need to see your vet for a proper diagnosis. You really shouldn't treat at home on spec as you could make matters worse for your piggie and it'll end up costing you more at the vets. It could be anything your piggie has. What makes you suspect it's ringworm?

Lady Kelly

Staff member
I thought you had already been to the vet and got medication? At least that's what you said on your other thread

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Oooh I'm guessing different time zone and you went to the vet after posting this? :)) I'm easily confused