• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rumble strutting for 3 weeks

The new layout looks great! They will definitely be better off with more space!

Thanks !
We’re just gonna get a hay trolley for them so it’s in the middle ! And think we’ll be all set !
There settling in it seems ! :)

Hey guys !
Sorry for another post but it isn’t stopping !
Digby the slightly older pig keeps rumble strutting and is now teeth chattering and chasing the younger pig Monty around :( with us being at work we don’t like the thought of anything happening to monty. There has been no blood yet or anything , even with a c and c cage now and a loft digby is still going for Monty !
We don’t know what to do , they have 2 of everything now also !
Any help would be appreciated !
Thanks
Stu
Ps they are around 4 months :)
At the moment it sounds like a hormone spike and nothing to worry about, just keep an eye. Also, it is common for both sexes as my two girls (who I thought were boys, had babies..long story) have been doing it back to back these past three days! I think it is where one of them finished their heat and the other one started. They do exactly what yours do but it is always playful as they’re popcorning around

Hey guys !
another question I know !
thanks for all the help for us New Guinea pig owners :p
We’ve had our pigs now since November ! They are around 7/8 months now !
the slightly older pig is still very rumble strutting around, teeth chattering and chasing the younger one around the cage :( I know seems a lot worse through our eyes! But doesn’t seems nice for the younger one :(
It doesn’t always happen , but the younger one always seems to sort of “whine” or just slightly higher pitch squeaking! they seem oh k most of time but it’s still a good few times throughout the day this happens !
they have never full on had a fight but just want them to be happy :)

Attachments

• 0FD40A7B-4D86-42E1-A6F4-8E4C16C5B1B4.jpeg
    0FD40A7B-4D86-42E1-A6F4-8E4C16C5B1B4.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 4
  • BBAB8CFC-9743-428E-A592-BAEE98C4F4D7.jpeg
    BBAB8CFC-9743-428E-A592-BAEE98C4F4D7.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 437CDC31-DF41-4A42-866F-2D16E93A16A7.jpeg
    437CDC31-DF41-4A42-866F-2D16E93A16A7.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 5
Hey guys !
another question I know !
thanks for all the help for us New Guinea pig owners :p
We’ve had our pigs now since November ! They are around 7/8 months now !
the slightly older pig is still very rumble strutting around, teeth chattering and chasing the younger one around the cage :( I know seems a lot worse through our eyes! But doesn’t seems nice for the younger one :(
It doesn’t always happen , but the younger one always seems to sort of “whine” or just slightly higher pitch squeaking! they seem oh k most of time but it’s still a good few times throughout the day this happens !
they have never full on had a fight but just want them to be happy :)

Please read our teenage and our dominance behaviour guides:
Boars: Teenage, Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?
Dominance Behaviours In Guinea Pigs

Your younger is submission squealing. Make sure that your younger boy is not being bullied. The teenage guide is telling you how you to that with a temporary separation and what exactly to look out for.

Please read our teenage and our dominance behaviour guides:
Boars: Teenage, Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?
Dominance Behaviours In Guinea Pigs

Your younger is submission squealing. Make sure that your younger boy is not being bullied. The teenage guide is telling you how you to that with a temporary separation and what exactly to look out for.

still hard to know wether they fully get on or not !
the younger ones does seem a bit of a softy !
even when they eating hay together you can hear him squealing away !
they don’t sleep together or anything like that they have there own houses :)
they say if there being bullied they loose wait and seem depressed , but the younger one still eats fine and seems happy enough when eating his hay and everything ! :)

Attachments

• 3E064BA9-34EB-4CAE-B0E0-803080CF7E4A.jpeg
    3E064BA9-34EB-4CAE-B0E0-803080CF7E4A.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 5
still hard to know wether they fully get on or not !
the younger ones does seem a bit of a softy !
even when they eating hay together you can hear him squealing away !
they don’t sleep together or anything like that they have there own houses :)
they say if there being bullied they loose wait and seem depressed , but the younger one still eats fine and seems happy enough when eating his hay and everything ! :)

A trial separation is the best way to get the honest opinion of a piggy; if they perk up when away from their mate(s) then they the relationship doesn't work for them. If they want to be back with their friends, then they are obviously fine with how things are.

If you feel like your younger one is still happy to be with his mates, then that is OK. I can't see your piggies and have to rely on what you are saying. If you mention certain key behaviours, then all I can do is to alert you that there could be a problem in the making.

Please be aware that losing weight and being depressed are symptoms of advanced bullying and unhappiness - things tend to start a lot earlier and much more subtly.

Back