• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrypigs Sanctuary

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Here's some pics of the piggies at the sanctuary :D
img_20161023_141458202_by_winterthaw-dam6tfi.jpg

Tina the Terminator! She loves hiding under cover :)
img_20161022_170443996_by_winterthaw-dam6tgv.jpg

Ozzy aka Oddball! Such a cuddle monster...
1.jpg

Patch and Snowy! Alias Scourer and Cheeto. Snowy is usually brave, but is hiding here :3
2.jpg

Tina-Terminator and Medusa, the little cuddle-bugs!
3.jpg

Cheeky chops Snowy!
4.jpg
Oz and Ruffles the nutter enjoying grass time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixing your links for you. Always best to use our bandwidth and upload them to us :)

What sanctuary do you run?

Oh my! What lovely little piglings! I hope they all find good homes, though I must admit it looks like they have it really good in your sanctuary, they probably wouldn't want to leave :)
Do you know any of their back-stories?

Oh my! What lovely little piglings! I hope they all find good homes, though I must admit it looks like they have it really good in your sanctuary, they probably wouldn't want to leave :)
Do you know any of their back-stories?
Awwww thank you! They're all completely spoiled while they're here lol <3
I know a bit about each if them:
Tina and Dusa came from a loving home which just didn't have enough space for them (plus, the girls attacked his rabbit!)
Snowy and Patch were surrendered as the lady's dogs were terrorising them. They are getting there, but are still very, very nervous!
Ruffles came from a family who'd brought him from a market - they loved him, but had too many other pets to look after to keep him. He had lice and scurvy when her arrived D:
Ozzy we don't know a lot about. His owner didn't tell us much, not even why they didn't want him anymore. They didn't even want a callback to see how he settled in :( The boys have bonded really well though!

So, quite a mixed bunch lol :D

So grateful to people that rescue animals, who knows what fate you have saved them from? I dread to think! I'm sure your beautiful rescued piggies will be a joy to whoever adopts them, bless them all! :luv:

Aw
So grateful to people that rescue animals, who knows what fate you have saved them from? I dread to think! I'm sure your beautiful rescued piggies will be a joy to whoever adopts them, bless them all! :luv:
Aw, that's so kind of you to say I like to think they'll all find their perfect forever family soon!

Me too. I think it's a real privilege to be able to keep pets. My guinea pigs were all from a rescue and I always feel very grateful that they had somewhere safe to stay while they were waiting for me to show up :)

Awww Tina is gorgeous. I have a soft spot for chocolate coloured pets!

I wish more people would 'adopt not shop'
I would highly recommend adopting from a rescue for many reasons. In over a decade of mostly having rescue pets, we had a moment of weakness where we bought a kitten from a pet shop following the bereavement of our previous 18yr old cat, and the 'fit & healthy male' they sold us turned out to be a female with a heart murmur (thankfully it went by the time she was a year old). I wouldn't be without my cat, but i learnt my lesson there and many other people have far worse stories to tell from pet shop buys. Rescues have gorgeous pets and lots of experience matching them to the right homes.

I would highly recommend adopting from a rescue for many reasons. In over a decade of mostly having rescue pets, we had a moment of weakness where we bought a kitten from a pet shop following the bereavement of our previous 18yr old cat, and the 'fit & healthy male' they sold us turned out to be a female with a heart murmur (thankfully it went by the time she was a year old). I wouldn't be without my cat, but i learnt my lesson there and many other people have far worse stories to tell from pet shop buys. Rescues have gorgeous pets and lots of experience matching them to the right homes.
Awwww, sorry to hear about your cat! Glad she's ok now though :) I think pets from rescue tend to be more handled too, which is what most people want in a pet, right? A lot of people I've told about Guinea pig Sanctuaries to are like "wtf? A Sanctuary for Guinea pigs?!" XD

I can imagine! But there seems to be the need for every kind of pet out there to have a sanctuary these days.
Yes, rescue pets are often very well-handled, though i would also accept a piggy that was still skittish and not as comfortable with it if they were a good match for my other piggies. I'm willing to be patient with them, the rewards are massive.
Your sanctuary looks so chilled i'm sure lots of people would even find it a sanctuary there ☺ Any bookings available for the weekend? :lol!:

Space for humans always available :D Spa treatments extra though ;D
:P
That's what a lot of the rescue piggies need - some patience and tlc, to bring them out of their shell! If new piggy owners gave that bit more time they would find their piggies personality developing. Most people give up when their pig isn't a 'cuddle pet' straight away :/

I believe trust has to be earnt, but if they are willing to give up so easily then the piggies are probably better off with you!
Especially if spa services are available, lucky pampered piggies! :D

That's true! They soon become quite trusting, don't they?
Oh yes, Hopi ear candles, massage, aromatherapy oils... The lot (they wish lol!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back