• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Saphie needs a friend

Dianet

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I hope this is ok to post. As some of you are aware I lost my little girl Pearl quite suddenly last weekend and unfortunately her sister Saphie seems a little sad on her own. She's spending most of her time in her 'bedroom' (which is a little boxed section within the cage where her food and straw are), whereas before they were always doing zoomies together round the downstairs tunnel and generally mooching about the whole of the hutch (indoor).
If anyone hears of a suitable friend for adoption not too far from either Winsford or St Helens, could you please let me know. Saphies about 3.5 to 4 years old and can be a little fear aggressive so 'speed dating' would be preferable first. Thank you.

Aww, he is adorable. I was looking for a sow but I've no objections to a neutered boar. What's peoples opinions/experiences on bonding with a bereaved sow. Could it possibly be easier for her to accept a younger neutered boar? I would ideally like to introduce them at the centre to see if they are compatible.

Aww, he is adorable. I was looking for a sow but I've no objections to a neutered boar. What's peoples opinions/experiences on bonding with a bereaved sow. Could it possibly be easier for her to accept a younger neutered boar? I would ideally like to introduce them at the centre to see if they are compatible.
A neutered boar is more likely to work out and stay getting along 👍. Thats why i did

Aw, she does look a bit lonely, hope you find her a little friend soon x

Hi all, I'm still looking for a friend for Saphie. Fudge at Tiny Paws was already reserved and I've tried to contact Cheshire RSPCA on several occasions, left messages and emailed but had no response. I'm prepared to travel as there aren't really any rescues locally but never thought it would be so difficult. In the meantime, I'm giving Saphie lots of cuddles and attention.

aww i hope that you find Saphie a friend soon. I took my recently bereaved Pippin to a rescue for bonding last night.. I feel so lost without her in the house but hoping she comes away happy with a new friend... Pippin was very quiet for about 4-5 days after loosing Gladys but she started to almost get back to normal after that time... she was defiantly grieving bless her..

Have you tried the Potteries GP Rescue?
You might be a bit far from them but a phone call won’t hurt.
Yes, I've tried there, Cavy Haven (even though its not on recommend list) and even local Pets at Home adoption sections. Hopefully someone will come up soon.

Hope so.
Although this is a rescue friendly forum we do recognise that sometimes the need of a bereaved guinea pig for a companion outweighs the recommendation to adopt.
There aren’t always piggies in the rescues suitable as companions.

Four years ago ( pre forum days) I had a bereaved sow, Merab. I couldn’t find a rescue anywhere near me so I finally ended up looking for a reputable pet shop and buying 2 baby girls.

aww i hope that you find Saphie a friend soon. I took my recently bereaved Pippin to a rescue for bonding last night.. I feel so lost without her in the house but hoping she comes away happy with a new friend... Pippin was very quiet for about 4-5 days after loosing Gladys but she started to almost get back to normal after that time... she was defiantly grieving bless her..
Thankfully Saphies still eating and drinking ok, but like Pippin, she just seems a bit quiet. The good thing is she seems to be liking cuddles with me a bit more than she did and is constantly licking my nose/face 😆.

Hope so.
Although this is a rescue friendly forum we do recognise that sometimes the need of a bereaved guinea pig for a companion outweighs the recommendation to adopt.
There aren’t always piggies in the rescues suitable as companions.

Four years ago ( pre forum days) I had a bereaved sow, Merab. I couldn’t find a rescue anywhere near me so I finally ended up looking for a reputable pet shop and buying 2 baby girls.
So that's where you got your forum name from then 😆. I'm a bit of a slave to my piggies, my human girls sometimes joke that I care for my piggies more than them 😉 x

Would Walsall RSPCA be too far away they often get new piggies in? Love to your little one x

Yes, I will do, they're probably busy and we have had a bank holiday. I'd call down in person but the website says they're not open weekend and I work in the week.

Yes, I will do, they're probably busy and we have had a bank holiday. I'd call down in person but the website says they're not open weekend and I work in the week.
Have you had any luck getting Saphie a friend or getting in touch with the RSPCA?

Back