Scared of wool?

Lou-Melapis

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Two of my three boars, Storm and Angel, are actively scared of the scent of wool. My mother crocheted me some woolen wrist warmers some time back, and now she's crocheted me some patches of wool to put under fleece covers in their cage so they can better regulate their temperature in the winter... but every time they smell either of those things, they get so spooked they dash to safety. My third boar, Nussi, is completely unfazed! I don't understand what it could possibly be - does anyone know?

Hey guys,
Two of my three boars, Storm and Angel, are actively scared of the scent of wool. My mother crocheted me some woolen wrist warmers some time back, and now she's crocheted me some patches of wool to put under fleece covers in their cage so they can better regulate their temperature in the winter... but every time they smell either of those things, they get so spooked they dash to safety. My third boar, Nussi, is completely unfazed! I don't understand what it could possibly be - does anyone know?

Hi

Guinea pigs have a much finer sense of smell than us. It is one of their stronger senses whereas ours is one of our weaker senses. What exactly it is that spooks them is impossible to say for us.

Back