• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sleep tight, Zippy - my best boy x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Zippy - a pig in a million.

Zippy's original thread is here:

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20587&highlight=layby

He was the first rescue piggy that I went to collect when I first started helping Vikki, and to this day is the one that still haunts me because of the circumstances and the state the piggies were in. I sobbed my heart out all the way home after I had collected them, and there was the most wonderful rainbow in the sky so I called them Zippy and George (from Rainbow!). I didn't think they were going to survive, they were so skinny and in such an awful state. They were the first piggies I had needed to syringe feed too, they were so hungry and thirsty that they'd really bite the syringe for more.

Zippy blossomed from this sorry state into the most handsome piggy with a wonderful range of expressions. He was my resident kitchen pig, and when he fell out with George he had a succession of friends, either baby sitting orphan baby boars, being a companion to an elderly or sick pig, or just being Zippy.

Zippy was the only one of my piggies that could be 'trusted' to free range in the house - he would take himself off exploring, and all you could hear was the pitter patter of his little piggy feet on the wooden floors. When he'd had enough he would take himself back to the kitchen and wait to be put back in his cage.

Here he is with George:
DSCN2117.jpg

A typical Zippy expression:
DSCN3065.jpg

DSCN3057-1.jpg

DSCN3630.jpg

IMG_7684-1.jpg

This one makes me laugh:
5733_628941020360_36913656_40348324.jpg

Handsome boy:
5733_628941025350_36913656_40348325.jpg

I am heartbroken. I have lost 4 piggies over the past week or so, with no rhyme or reason to it, but Zippy was top pig and I'm absolutely gutted to have lost him. It seems to have been an awful time for lots of people lately :(

I'm priveleged to have had Zippy here; he made me smile and I loved him more than anything.

Run free at the bridge, Zipster, look out for She Ra, Moomin and Pepperpot... you finally get to have girls, eh!

Sophie
x

Oh God, what a shock, am really sorry. RIP Gorgeous Zippy.

Oh, NO! I am so sorry to see this thread - it must be so gutting losing your very special boy. Zippy was one of those piggies that everybody knows on the forum and that stand out. The world will be poorer without him!

I'm so, so sorry Sophie about precious, beautiful Zippy - and Moomin, She-Ra and Miss Pepperpot.
I remember them all so fondly, all your postings and pictures - but in particular dearest Zippy - I remember his story and the rainbow and how you named Zippy and George.
Some piggies are very special on this forum and I have always had a soft spot towards the Norfolk rehoming piggies.
R.I.P. sweet Zippy along with your friends under your new Rainbow where the grass is green and their are fileds full of dandelions and piggies popcorning with happiness. George will be waiting for you ready to snuggle up to you once more :)
Thinking of you Sophie at this very difficult time x

Sophie, So sorry to hear you have lost Zippy, he was the first and only free-range piggy I have ever met, and although our cuddle was brief I could tell he was a real character, I'm privileged to have met him. Zippy, She-Ra, Moomin, & Pepperpot spent their time with you re-paying your kindness and care by making you happy, so try not to be too sad as it'll undo their good work, remember those brilliantly happy piggies popcorning all over the place.
Run free marvellous Zippy, find She-Ra, Moomin, Pepperpot and George and play forever,
Take care Sophie
Andree x

I was so sad to hear about Zippy, such a lovely boy with great character. Big hugs Sophie. x

Goodnight best boy Zippy pig. :rose

I'm so very sorry to hear that you have lost the beautiful Zippy

Sleep well dear little man and know you are loved and deeply missed xx

Sophie, you gave Zippy a fantastic life. I know how much it hurts, so hard to realise they are gone when they really went all out to make themselves known as a big part of the family! I am smiling reading some of your memories of him - of him pitter-pattering around the house in particular.

You did everything you possibly could for him ever since you rescued him, his legacy lives on in GPRN and everything you do for all the guineas.

Huge hugs, here if you need me.

Rest well, darling Zippy. x

I'm desperately sorry you have lost your special boy - I know how much you loved him:( He wasn't just a piggy he was a little person........................

Run free Zippy........................

Teresa xx

Oh Sophie, I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news about Zippy.
I feel privileged to have briefly met your beautiful boy at the weekend. My heart goes out to you as I know you said you wouldn't know what you'd do if you lost him. I'm feeling choked-up now.
Bless you Zippy xx

sad news indeed,i know he had a really good time with you though.

thoughts are with you.

al
xx

Sleep well Beautiful Zippy.
We will miss hearing about you.
I'm sure you'll look after those girls on the other side of the bridge for your mummy.
Sophie, he sounded a wonderful pig. our thoughts are with you
B

The only piggy I ever met who could dominate a dog bed! He was a wonderful piggy and had a wonderful life with you Sophie, must admit a few tears shed here when you text to say he was gone.

So sorry to hear of all your losses lately as said when I came to visit all our residents are getting older. The biggest hugs in the world to you mrs x

Aww Sophie, I am so sad for you that I want to cry for you. Zippy is so gorgeous, has a cute little face and mouth and his eyes in the last but one pic, well...............beautiful.

So sorry for your loss of the past week and may Zippy RIP with all his other mates.

They are so dear to us and have all their individual funny ways and just look so cute. They really do touch our hearts.

Beth xx

Oh he was just too cute for words! I am so sorry to hear of your loss xx

So sorry for you loss, Zippy is very handsome. I love the photo of him 'sitting up'. You have some wonderful photos to remember him by and of course many happy memories.

RIP Zippy popcorn free at rainbow bridge with all your piggy friends x x x x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back