• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Sleepy piggies

Rivervixen

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Does anyone else’s piggies sleep a whole bunch? They aren’t lethargic or anything but when they’re in the cage I see a whole lot of napping! Wondering if this is something to worry about, also sorry if this question is stupid, just expect them to be playing a bit more

Guinea pigs are diurnal, which means they aren’t nocturnal, but they will sleep during the day and the night, so they might be quite active at night whereas quite sleepy during the day. As long as they are not lethargic they’re fine :)

Does anyone else’s piggies sleep a whole bunch? They aren’t lethargic or anything but when they’re in the cage I see a whole lot of napping! Wondering if this is something to worry about, also sorry if this question is stupid, just expect them to be playing a bit more
My boys are really active during the day, and they sleep at night! I think it depends on the age of the piggies, some piggies are just more sleepy than others! 🤣

Back