• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

So angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I need to rant as i am fuming!

My friend had a guinea pig which she did not look after properly at all. She gave him to me and said i could keep him. I have had him for two weeks and he has come out of his shell SO much. Hes just been treated for an eye infection and has recovered wonderfully. I invited my friend around to see him yesterday and she was all over him.

Today my mum recieved a phone call from her mum asking if she could have the guinea pig back because my friend is 'missing him'.

My mum said she can have him back and they are coming round at 7 to collect him.

I am so upset because i have really grown attached to him but dont want to loose my friend. I'm so angry at her saying i could have him yet even more angry she got her mum to speak to my mum about it. I would have so much more respect for her if she asked me herself.

I really dont want him going back to her because i know she will look after him again for a few weeks maybe but the novelty will wear off and he will be back to how he was before.

grrrr

i wouldnt want to as she may not look after him again properly - Id say no you cant as what she did was a act of cruelty for leaving him with a eye infection.

I'm not surprised you are fuming, your friend didnt seem too bothered about it and now can see how well you are looking after it and wants it back.
It sounds abit like she is jealous to me.
I dont think you should give in though, especially as she has once already gave it away.She cant keep changing her mind.
You have took the time, effort and money to sort out his eye infection too which was probably caused by her neglect.
I hope you sort it soon hun.
xxxxx

I see from your profile that you are 19. Assuming your friend is a similar age, i would expect her to talk direct to you too. Also just because your mum says that she can have the pig back does not mean you have to agree with her.

i would point out to your friend that you have taken care of this pig, when she did not. also that you have paid for the pig's care - will she re-imburse you? State that this pig may have similar problems in the future.
If she still insists on having the pig back, please try to keep and eye on it and make sure your friend is aware she can ask for help at any time.
maybe you could point her to TGPF here so that she can get some help and support too.
you also imply this is a lone pig, and we know that pigs are social animals who do better with company. if you point out that the pig really ought to have a companion she may not be so keen to take him back on.
hope these thoughts are helpful
Bx

I have tried to speak to her but she wont answer the phone and it really wouldn't suprise me if her mum came to pick the piggy up on her own later either. I'm really annoyed as i have already briefly looked at rescues and spent hours reading up on here about introducing new pigs. I'm going to try my best later to keep him but it just looks hopeless :( But, if i find out that once she has had him back he isnt getting the care he needs i will certainly report her to the RSPCA i have already decided that, friend or no friend.

I'd be wary about giving her the g/p back and I really don't see what right she has to ask for something back that she's given away.
How would she go on if she gave it to a rescue and they rehomed it and then she decided she wanted it back....tough.
You've taken that g/p in and cared for it and loved it like your own and that must be hard to have to hand it back.
I personally wouldn't give it back, if she can neglect it once she can do it again.
Good luck with whatever you decide xx

I wouldn't give the piggy back. If he is neglected again you might not get him back. Your friend gave the piggy to you and you accepted him in good faith. You've made him well again and your friend should understand that you now dont want to part with him. Tell her that you dont want to lose her friendship but that you cannot hand the piggy back. I am sure your friendship will survive.:)

You cant give him back! I don't know how your mum can say you would anyway if your 19 i would say yeah have him back but pay for treatment and care plus your time you spent with him atleast minimum wage it's not unreasonable and if your friend cant even face you then i cant see her confronting you about it please dont give him back he sounds much better off with you

I kno it must be really hard, bit personally I would say sorry mate but I'm all attached to him now I can't possibly give him up. You may fall out for a bit, but I'm sure it wouldn't be permanent. I reckon it'd be worth it in the long run... If her mum cones over hide behind the settee!

Update on what happened. :)

Her mum came round without my friend (coward)

Anyway, i talked to my mum and she agreed i shouldn't have to give him back. My mums a bit fussy about the piggys because i keep them inside at the moment and she doesnt like the mess but managed to persuade her.

My friends mum was really rude about it saying how they paid £20 for the guinea pig. I offered her the £20 but she was saying how it wasnt about the money, yet she kept on bringing up the £20.

Long story short..he is still here and will be staying!

I don't really care if she falls out with me because during this whole arguement she hasn't said a word to me herself it has been through her mum! I think i would have understood and maybe sympathised with her if she had the guts to speak to me herself or at least answer her phone.

Thanks for your support guys! :)

Good for you, your 'friend' doesn't deserve this piggy in their life. So glad you get to keep him! He's a lucky boy to have someone who cares about him so much :)

good for you, at least your mum was on your side.

Your friend must be pretty immature for 19 if she wouldn't even speak to you.

You should be charging HER for the vets bills! cheek of it!

Anyway, all that matters is he's safe with you x

Well done! if her arguement was it cost £20 i would of argued it cost more than that to care for it and treatment/food. Sad thing is they will probably get another one and it won't be like she think's and will end up the same:(

Yeh i think she will. Its really not about the money at all to me but i could tell it was too them, either that or thats the only excuse they could find to get him back.

I'm so glad you've managed to keep him :) your friend wasn't prepared to look after him the first time so doesn't deserve him back.

WELL DONE x

what did you say to her mum? did you say he is not going ? how did you manage to keep him?

@)@)@)@)@)

I just basically said about how she wants him now because he will stay still and be stroked, whereas when i first got him he was very nervous, hard to pick up and didnt like being touched and if he gets neglected again he will go back to how he was. Also when she mentioned paying £20 for him said i will give her the £20 she paid. Hes asleep at the moment and waiting for a friend to join him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back