• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Solar Powered Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It started well... The box contained no instructions. But fortunately it was straight forward enough. We have charged it up a bit and drilled a hole in the shed to feed the cables through. We will be going in after dinner to see where the light is best positioned and will fit it tomorrow.

This sounds like a fab idea. I hope it works and that you will be giving us all the details of how to obtain it :)

Well, it was very easy! Had to drill a reasonable size hole in the shed to feed the cables from the solar panel through, but it's covered by the panel.
image.jpg
There are two cables from the panel, one goes to the battery hub (2.5m cable) the other is to extend the system, if required, so we just cable-tied this one up. From the battery hub, the cable to the light is 5m, so lots of cable-ties required for my small shed! I bought the strip led option, but you can get a hanging bulb which also comes in higher power options. Again, the strip light is fitted with an extension cable if you need more lights, so we tacked this up to keep it out of the way

image.jpg image.jpg

This is the Hub. The panel cable plugs into the back and the light cable in the front. The little lightening bolt lights up red when charging - the Hub does not need to be turned on to charge. It can also charge your phone too.
image.jpg
The cable connection is a bit soft, but it seems to do the job.

It should give 2 hrs of light even after an overcast winter day, which for me is plenty.

It's £99 with free postage from solartechnology.co.uk

Yup, it works! After half a very dull day, it had only 1 or 2 battery segments lit, but it certainly does the job. Very impressed. This is a picture taken from through the back window at 11pm this evening.
image.jpg

It's certainly something I am going to look into but sadly not something I can do on my own. Very reasonably priced though.

Solar panel continues to impress and I would would wholeheartedly recomend it.

We had to do some repair work on one of the windows today. When it rains persistently water drips down the window I between the wood a and the Perspex and makes the bedding soggy below. We were going to replace the whole sheet with a thicker one and seal with clear bathroom sealant but we couldn't find a sheet big enough without ordering specially so we repositioned the original sheet and used more screws to prevent so much gaping and then sealed. It does meen the pigs will be inside for an extra night as it smells a bit whilst it goes off. Bit worried about them being inside and alone whilst we're both at work. Now that they get floor time, they know where the pen's door is and they pull at the mesh!

So I'm seriously considering this option......would it run a kennel heater do you think?
K

I'm sure you can get a solar panel capable but I have no idea if this one would be, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back