• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Some sort of discharge, help

Joshro

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I’m a New Guinea pig owner and I’ve had my boys for about 3 weeks. They are said to be 4 months and one relentlessly humps the others face. I understand this is to figure out the hierarchy, but today I put them in their new C&C cage and the “boss” pig started humping gus. When I lifted the hide I found this gooey clump. Some of it was also stuck to Gus’ face. Any idea on what it might be? image.jpg

That looks like boar glue. If it is boar glue, it's not anything to be worried about, except perhaps how you're going to get it off of Gus' face :tu:

He ended up getting it off himself, haha. Any idea how long the humping will go on? Thanks for your help!

I’m a New Guinea pig owner and I’ve had my boys for about 3 weeks. They are said to be 4 months and one relentlessly humps the others face. I understand this is to figure out the hierarchy, but today I put them in their new C&C cage and the “boss” pig started humping gus. When I lifted the hide I found this gooey clump. Some of it was also stuck to Gus’ face. Any idea on what it might be? View attachment 106758

Hi! It looks like 'boar glue', dried semen fluid that is well named when it comes to getting rid of it!

Please take the time to read this guide here; you may find it very helpfulhttps://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/boar-care-bits-bums-baths.135661/

The guide is part of our new owners guide collection, which specifically addresses all the areas we get the most questions, concerns or potentially harmful misconceptions about. You may find it very helpful: Getting Started - New Owners' Most Helpful Guides

Back