• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Someone Hit Me With Some Common Sense!

10 means you go into double figures,it's a slippery slope for there on,(said she who now have 43.lol).

43! Oh my god I'm jealous haha when I was in college I had 16...I promised myself id refrain from becoming a crazy guinea pig lady a second time round and yeah...that didnt go to plan!

When its dindins and I throw veg in their general direction you would think that my 5 piggies had never been fed! (they are very well fed)

Haha! I know that feeling, I feel slightly mugged every time I feed them lol

She is gorgeous and has landed on her paws with you thats for sure!

Isnt she lovely? :luv: Thankyou, thats very kind of you to say!

Well of all things she's eaten some of the aubergine I put in there last night and she's nibbled a small amount of cabbage and red pepper. She's had a good handful of grass though.

Looks like she's settling down for a nap after her busy morning. :)
20180423_151658.jpg

Such a pretty piggy! :luv: How exciting to have welcomed another sweet little friend into your home. Congrats.

She certainly tucked into her veggies this evening. Cabbage, purple sprouting broccoli leaves and a little more aubergine was gone within an hour and she sat happily out in the open while the hair dryer was running :) I think she's going to be a fantastic little addition to the herd.

Guess who's off to the vets today! I really do have great luck :lol!: although I'm glad she is here with me where she will actually get medical treatment rather than who knows where..

I have no idea what's going on with her ear but hopefully it's easily sorted/not harmful. Lumps are out of my comfort zone, I was waiting for a URI or a patch of fungal to show up. But we got swelling instead. Which is a shame, I hope her little road trip doesn't affect how well she's been settling in.

20180423_232906.jpg 20180423_232836.jpg

I’ve just caught up with this thread. Ahhh she’s such a gorgeous pretty addition to your herd. Welcome Miss Misty you are lovely :wub:
Good luck at the vets with your ear.. I’ve no experience of this I’m afraid but do let us know how she gets on. Hugs x

We had to move our appointment so she wont be going in for another couple of hours now but she knocked that bit of dry skin looking stuff on the inside, when I wiped it, it was filled with pus! So I imagine thats what the larger lump is also. Put my mind at ease at least for now, I was panicking about it being a haematoma and needing surgery at such a tiny size! Hopefully lancing it, cleaning it out and some antibiotics will see her right but we'll see.

good luck at the vets, i guess she must have had a nip from a previous cagemate. She is such a lucky girl tho to have found you.

What a pain your appointment being changed but it can't be helped. I wish you luck at the vets. Hopefully with the correct treatment Misty will soon be better.:hug:

So, we're back from the vets! It was one, continuous abscess most likely from a bite from a sibling while small that has just come to the surface. He squeezed all the pus out like a string of spaghetti :xd: and as there was no smell at all said it was likely sterile and would heal up by itself as long as I repeat the process for the next week or so getting all the gunk out until it becomes watery. If it doesnt go by itself, they might have to cut it out surgically but as it's so much of the ear rather than just the tip, we're trying to avoid that so she doesnt lose pretty much the entire ear. She seemed to actually enjoy the process, which was good, didnt seem painful at all.

Glad to hear it’s nothing life threatening or serious.
Dealing with an abscess is a pain but worth all the effort.
Merab’s latest abscess is now almost completely healed so I know what you’re facing.

Our routine is to prepare a small ramekin dish with the Hibiscrub, set out cotton buds and cotton wool balls on my butcher’s block table. Add some favourite greens, fetch guinea pig and away we go.
Merab let’s me know when she’s had enough by sitting on my arm so I can only use 1 hand.

I also pause every now and again for some gentle stroking and chat to minimise stress.

Hope Misty’s abscess heals quickly for her and for you.

Back