• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sore Like Thing On Back Of Piggie

ThatOneHuman

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was brushing Pidge today, and found a patch of skin under some of his fur that was dark and almost scab like but it was raw to the touch.
I didn't see it yesterday, but i also didnt hold him yesterday either, my mom held him and I was holding hunk before we adopted them
Sign in - Google Accounts
Sign in - Google Accounts
I dont quite think we have a vet yet, and I dont know how urgent this is? Especially since the guinea pig shelter didn't say anything about that spot, bug we also made the mistake of not asking about health..

I'm just really nervous about him, and I'm gonna be at school late tomorrow (thank you band -_-) , so I don't quite know what to do.
Help?

I can't see the pictures as it needs a Google sign in but I would guess it's either mites or fungal which need to be prescribed treatment by a vet. Fungal issues can be contagious and transfer to any other pigs you have or even to you.

Back