• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tesco's value rabbit hutches :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, sorry, I didn't explain properly!

The £16 is being sold actually in the stores (it was the only cage I saw - didn't see any hutches on the shelves) so I can see this tiny cage selling far more, because it is actually in the shop and therefore people are more likely to see it and buy it. :(

Still no reply from Tescos at my end, will e-mail again tomorrow and keep piling the pressure on until I get a reply! :)

I have sent an e-mail too >:(. I pointed out that rabbits and guinea-pigs are animals which should be kept in pairs and therefore the housing is definitely not suitable for 2 animals. Tesco is crap though and only cares about money, it's got no morals.

I don't think any of these super markets have morals, Asda are now selling a £15.00 suit for men and trousers and a white blouse for women for £5.00 made in a sweat shop no doubt! :tickedoff:

I don't shop in Tesco's anymore, I'm not keen on their principles, but they are all like that really. The smaller grocer's prices are sky high so what can the consumer do?

I thought the RSPCA had come up with cage size requirements for small animals, or have i got that wrong, and surly if they have someone should notify them of what tescos are selling

I remember something about that Emma, I can't see the RSPCA taking on Tesco's though. Their cheif exec is from Belle Vale 5 mins away from me. I'll pan his face in if I see him here...lol :D

piggybaker said:
I thought the RSPCA had come up with cage size requirements for small animals, or have i got that wrong, and surly if they have someone should notify them of what tescos are selling

Well, the RSPCA have their own personal recommendations for cage sizes, but it isn't the law ;)

The Codes of Practice are being worked on, which will specify accommodation sizes....but nothing as yet.

The RSPCA have recommended 4 foot by 2 foot to DEFRA (or are going to) and it is likely to become law. Whether or not it will be legal to sell the hutches I don't know, it may be that you can only act if a guinea(s) is being kept in it- i don't know. I don't think the RSPCA should have to police supermarkets, at least the Inspectors shouldn't,they have more than enough to do as it is.

karenrgpr said:
The RSPCA have recommended 4 foot by 2 foot to DEFRA (or are going to) and it is likely to become law. Whether or not it will be legal to sell the hutches I don't know, it may be that you can only act if a guinea(s) is being kept in it- i don't know. I don't think the RSPCA should have to police supermarkets, at least the Inspectors shouldn't,they have more than enough to do as it is.
4ft by 2ft for 1 guinea pig ?

Good point! No for 2, they are also recommending that as guineas are sociable anim,als they should be kept with other guineas :) Thanks for pointing that out ::)

Its fine :D Ive read up loads on DEFRA they are really good O0

Indoor cage by tesco's is the size of a nero 2 and they have it advertised as suitable for rabbits and guinea pigs :'(

in confused....which is the wire floor - the runs look good, ;)but I wouldnt have room in the shed for anything else... :'( :-\

The wooden hitches have a solid floor but a wire floor is also included to put on top >:(

Vikki said:
The wooden hitches have a solid floor but a wire floor is also included to put on top >:(
:tickedoff: how old fashioned is that!

They really haven't don't their homework have they! For a 21st Century supermarket they are stuck in the dark ages! ::)

its a shame because their food isn't that bad- as in doesn't contain colourings!

There's only one good thing about Tesco for me - met my husband there. :smitten:

I was a checkout girl and he was a trolley boy ... how romantic is that?! :D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back