• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

TGPF Meet Saturday 27th November, The Mill Hotel Gretna

TGPF Meet 27th Nov Gretna - Are you coming?

• Meal in Carlisle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meal Other - suggestions please

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

boozyfruits

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
TGPF Meet Saturday 27th November, The Mill Hotel Gretna, hosted by Becklen Guinea Pig Rescue

Please vote above whether you are coming or not, so we have an idea of numbers.

The meet is at Helen's (Hels) house at the Mill Hotel, Gretna from 12.30 until 6pm.
The hope is this will be a good way for all those fromTGPF to meet in the flesh, and talk piggies. There will be a few competitions (Guess the number of nuggets, Guess the name of the Piggie and Guess the weight of the piggie...), possibly a raffle or honesty table, general stuff for sale and all proceeds to Becklen and Sokel guinea pig rescues. Hopefully there will be some Becklen calanders for sale (i need to check with Becky how many are left). There will be a bloke-zone, for those needing to escape mad piggie women:(|)
Both rescue pigs and Helen's pigs (hairy and non) will be there, and there may be a few guest appearances from Becklen Longtermers and Becklen Special Cases. We hope to have some display boards done about some of the special cases, such as Buddy, Paloma, Harry and a couple of others.

We have to be out at 6pm sharp as little Daniel needs to go to bed.
For those staying locally, it has been suggested we have a meal together or drinks, either at the Mill or somewhere else.

Please let us know whether you are coming, whether you are veggie or meatie (there will be some nibbles during the day), and whether you want to stay for a meal.

Looking forward to seeing loads of you there
Becca

P.S. All Humans are welcome - forum members or not, but PLEASE DO NOT BRING ANY GUINEA PIGS:{

Mr Mojules

Reaction score
I hopefully am coming and I'm not a piggy so nice big steak for me :D - forgot to select that.

can you also include if friends/partners are coming as well

boozyfruits

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hopefully am coming and I'm not a piggy so nice big steak for me :D - forgot to select that.

can you also include if friends/partners are coming as well
Well Paul, you are paying for your own dinner so you can have what you like.-c

Re Extra people - please post here if you are bringing extras. o forgot to add that to the poll:red

Mr Boozyfruits will becoming, so thats +1

boozyfruits

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Helen, there is no point in just posting thanks - you need to vote too:))
or else no tea and nibbles for you{:|

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Is there a menu we can look at to give us an idea of the cost? I don't want to say we will go for a meal if we can't afford to as much as we would really like to.

Will be bringing my OH and I have read the above thread once again and realise the meal destination has yet to be decided but would like an idea of what is on The Mill menu, thanks :)

Last edited:

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just had a read at the earlier post and update on the costs of a meal at the mill so have just voted for that. At least we can budget now, thank you.

boozyfruits

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Is there a menu we can look at to give us an idea of the cost? I don't want to say we will go for a meal if we can't afford to as much as we would really like to.
sandra,
i posted on the other thread for this meet:red. the restaurant at the mill is starter £4-5, mains mostly £8-9, with lamb henry £12 and huge steak £15, all puds £4. there are 4 vegetarian mains on the menu one of which is vegan.
sorry there is no menu online, but if you contact hels she might be willing to read it out to you. wine is £13-15 a bottle
Alternatively, there is a restaurant in gretna or loads in Carlisle, but that is 25 mins away.

i cannot remember what was on the menu, but it all sounded good & at that is coming from a serious foodie.
i was taken by the cheddar and cranberry with a walnut crust on a rocket salad as a starterrolleyes

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you. Just as well we are not drinkers lol. I assume that on the night we just pay for our own meal and that it won't be split equally between all there. Don't have a lot of spare cash at the moment :(

boozyfruits

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
yes evening meal is pay your own. also don't forget pocket money for any stalls/competitions.
there will be hot and cold running tea and coffee all afternoon, and nibbles free of course:red (yet to be organisedmallethead)

Reaction score
Sorry all

Sorry all but we have had to cancel our attendance at the meet there is a great deal going on in our piggie and personal lives at the moment and we cant get up to gretna now.We do hope you all have a lovely time and we will be looking out for info on the occasion on the forum.
Love from Helen,Claire love and deb xx :(|)

Little Piggles

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm coming and my mum will be with me too :)

We're interested in a meal after the meet but don't mind if it is at the Mill or elsewhere. We're pretty easy to please and will eat just about anything :))

I don't mind driving into Carlisle either. I could probably fit two extra in my car if we do decide to do that instead

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh can we have a wee note on any bits and pieces we can bring? I am happy to bring nibbles and raffles prizes etc but guidance on nibbles or food would be good so we have a wee selection!

mojules

Reaction score
We have a menu from the Mill Hotel so will scan it soon and get it on here so that you can see the delights on offer :(|) I have already picked a starter yummy taste of scotland cannot wait

will get them on ASAP :))

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
ooooohhhh I am so looking forward to planning my dinner!

Mr Mojules

Reaction score
there will be hot and cold running tea and coffee all afternoon, and nibbles free of course:red (yet to be organisedmallethead)
Cold tea and coffee ? you doctors are rather weird :))

i have the menu and will try to get it scanned and uploaded - most likely to a documents site as pics will max out even a pro photobucket account to be readable. i know people are looking for prices, its normal Bar Menu food - steaks, fish, grill and specials and prices are around the same as the rest of the area

Paul

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am so looking forward to meeting all that will be there and to the meal afterwards. Hopefully The Mill will remain the preferred choice as we can't make it a late night, is Carlisle further away from Grangemouth or closer?. Poor Jim as it stands at the moment is working overtime on the Sunday and has to be up at 5am. Can I bring anything, nibbles or something for the raffle?

Status
Not open for further replies.