• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Boys And Girls

I have done a spot clean of the cage this morning and that seems to have helped get rid of some of the problems that were causing me to sneeze constantly
The pigs are spending some time in their play enclosure because I think that benefits or mental health if they have a change of environment
I've noticed after they have spent a period of time in there they are a lot calmer overall

That's good to know @Maddy. I need to give the hutch a good clean out on Thursday. I have spot cleaned today. Thursday is total clean day. Love that job! (not!)

Absolutely Maddy. I have 5 poop and wee machines though so it's hardly surprising!

I have four of them so I've only got one lesson you
How can something so small produced so much waste that's what I wanna know

Also the other question you need to ask is ...... How can something so small eat so much and not be huge?

To do the guinea pigs are having some chamomile hey is a change from normal hay

Not tried anything chamomile on my lot yet. Just cleaned them out. This time I made Tom help as he is on Summer Holidays. They will have some lovely super fresh honey smelling hay to go back to tonight!

There were lots of excited wheaks and squeaks when they went back in the hutch last night. This morning a considerable amount of hay had mysteriously disappeared!

It's cage cleaning day tomorrow and then later on in August I will have to book them in to get their claws cut again
Which they won't be happy about but there we are

Cleaned out the guinea pigs cage today so they had some playtime which they were really happy about they've been crashed out in there since I put them back in about 4 o'clock
They love their playing closure

The pigs had a good run in a plane closure today as well as having a good session out yesterday I have just put them back home and they seem quite happy
☺️☺️☺️

Well that's good Maddy! My 5 are out on the patio at the mo as the grass is too wet for 20 little feet! This morning I had to sort the bottom of the hutch out again! The hutch has a run underneath that goes straight onto the ground and although it was lined with lots of newspaper and loads of hay, after all the rain we had yesterday it was completely saturated. So another clean out time. Hopefully I won't have to do this again as I am putting a false floor under the hutch in a day or so which is an external ply and floor insulation sarnie which is larger than the hutch so it'll keep the damp out. While the hutch is away from the fence, I'm going to put pet friendly wood preserver on the back of it too.

I know. I have to have it all done by Friday as I am going on a 9 night cruise on Saturday so you won't be hearing from me for a while after Friday.

Back