• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Cosy Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A week or so back I was contemplating getting a cosy cup each for Tubby & Dom, however as Tubby NEVER leaves Dom's side I could just picture Tubby climbing in Dom's cosy to be with him and Tubby isn't small like Dom and was worried Tubby would squash Dom, so I decided to make them their very own private Cosy Room. The base has 3 layers of Towels & 2 layers of fleece blankets, on top of that it has 3 heated cosy pads, on top of the pads there is a XL extra soft fleece blanket and a regular fleece twisted around acting as a pillow, then another fleece draped over the top of a grid shelf I put on top for complete privacy. The thing I most like about this is its easy to wash the top fleeces every day to ensure they're not sleeping on wet bedding...and Dom doesn't get a yellow belly :D

I've also put in some LED night lights in their room which switch on and off by themselves according to the light levels in the room, they add just a very small amount of gentle light so they are not in complete darkness when they are out of their cosy room.
20150226_210652.jpg
A quick peek behind the fleece before I say Good night...two nice cosy and warm Piggies ready for bed!

Last edited:
Fab idea!
Thank you, I'm very pleased with it and so are my boys, I put the blankets on my radiator to make them extra warm & toastie before I put them in each evening .... I wish there was room for me to get in for a cuddle :D

Thank you, I'm very pleased with it and so are my boys, I put the blankets on my radiator to make them extra warm & toastie before I put them in each evening .... I wish there was room for me to get in for a cuddle :D

ha ha! That is so sweet. My husband used to put the fleece blankets on the radiator to warm up for his Banshee-Cat to lie on!

Reactions: Moo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back