• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The life of Dot and Bernie

Try not to worry too much, sure everything will go well and it’s great you’ve got time to be with her if she needs you. Will be thinking of you and beautiful Dot on Friday x
Thanks squeak👍. I'm sure i must do peoples heads in with the worrying. Its just hard because Dot is all good apart from this tumour thingy. You wouldnt know anything was wrong if you didnt see her everyday like i do. If she does get through, seeing her back to normal is going to be so good! It has been a year almost now

I’m a massive worrier too, it’s hard not to when it’s your babies! It’s good she’s healthy other than that, even better to make sure the surgery will go well :)
Haha Squeak! :D

I’m a massive worrier too, it’s hard not to when it’s your babies! It’s good she’s healthy other than that, even better to make sure the surgery will go well :)
Haha Squeak! :D
It doesnt help that in stuck in scotland until thursday. So i dont get to see Dot all week and then its vets friday. I did get a whatsapp video call from Dot and Bernie last night though lol

Just found out after dots op on friday the 3rd may. I have a stop out at work from wednesday to fri the following week. I dont know wether taking a risk or not, I'm hoping she will eat for herself by tuesday. So i have 5 days to get her back eating. She may even eat straight away? Bloody work, i cant live without it , but it gets in the way!

If it’s any consolation Jemimah had started eating for herself after 5 days and was pooping again.
I just put a ramekin dish with some critical care in the cage each day to help her

If it’s any consolation Jemimah had started eating for herself after 5 days and was pooping again.
I just put a ramekin dish with some critical care in the cage each day to help her
If dot is the same, its going to be tight. I dont know what to do really. Guess il just have to go for.it

Don’t worry.
Every piggy reacts differently to surgery and Dot will hopefully recover fast.
I assume your wife will be looking after her and Bernie so Dot is in good hands.

Don’t worry.
Every piggy reacts differently to surgery and Dot will hopefully recover fast.
I assume your wife will be looking after her and Bernie so Dot is in good hands.
Yea she does but she doesnt do well with syringe feeding
She used.to be but lost her confidence

Dot may not need syringe feeding by the time you back to work, especially if she has mushed pellets or critical care she eat herself as well as her pellets & hay.

Dot may not need syringe feeding by the time you back to work, especially if she has mushed pellets or critical care she eat herself as well as her pellets & hay.
That will be great of she does eat sooner than 5 days by herself. I'm going to be picking grass for her aswell. Thats if the council havnt mowed it again

Shes not def having the op yet anyway. Shes having a scan first. I hope she does have the op else shes basicly terminaly ill. The vet wants to know if this growth has attached to the bowel. If it has, its a no go.

I said this wrong. He wants to do a scan to see how big the growth is. But will have to do an op to see if its attached

I have decided to post this, i wasnt going to make a big deal out of it because of the pressure of bad news if it comes. But its Dots big day tomorrow, she is in for her operation to remove her uterine growth, and have her spay. I dont know how to word this all properly.

I have been working my butt off all week in scotland getting a 5 day job done in 4 days to get back for tomorrow. I'm almost home now👍. I'm feeling guilty about taking her at 8:30 tomorrow to the vet. But i just know it has to be done, and if i dont do it, she could end up dying in great pain out of the blue one day soon. I guess shes lucky she is getting the chance with a great vet to live a happier pain free life, so lets do it👍

Its horrible taking them in and leaving them. Last May I had to take Christian in for a HUGE abscess removal and it was awful the worst bit is waiting for the phone call to say all has gone well. I know just what you're going through.

Its horrible taking them in and leaving them. Last May I had to take Christian in for a HUGE abscess removal and it was awful the worst bit is waiting for the phone call to say all has gone well. I know just what you're going through.
That must have been a few weeks before i joined the forum. Well I'm glad it went well. Was it a deep down op or surface?

We are thinking of Dot for her operation tomorrow x She is in the most capable hands possible with Simon. 🤞🤞🤞

Aw really feel for you being away from Dot all week before her op but you're definitely doing the right thing getting her the surgery. You have an awesome vet and she has the best chance. Lots of pet owners wouldnt bother with the stress and the expense of an op but you are working your butt off to get her the best medical care you can because you want the best for her. Hugs and healing vibes and wheeks, hope she is ok! X

The abscess had adhered to muscles, blood vessels, willy, anal sac, femoral artery and a lot more internal structures. In a couple of places it was 1 cell thick and about to burst. Here it is in all its gory glory!

View attachment 112313View attachment 112314

If you want to see it being cut open you can find it here:-

Christian's abscess being cut open WARNING DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH!
That is madness, i so remember seeing it when i was browsing through thread a while back. Its amazing hes ok now

Aw really feel for you being away from Dot all week before her op but you're definitely doing the right thing getting her the surgery. You have an awesome vet and she has the best chance. Lots of pet owners wouldnt bother with the stress and the expense of an op but you are working your butt off to get her the best medical care you can because you want the best for her. Hugs and healing vibes and wheeks, hope she is ok! X
Thankyou!. The worst part is looking at her face now, she knows nothing about tomorrow, and the wife is a teacher, so she cant book the day off to come with me. Il have to make the decisions

Back