• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

The Lovebirds Are Reunited - Farewell Barney

Status
Not open for further replies.

helen105281

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Some of you may have been following his thread in Health and Illness but approximately 3 weeks ago Barney stopped eating his veg and Kim Maddock suspected a brewing dental abscess. First of all he reacted badly to the Zithromax so was switched to Marbocyl and he seemed to be doing well. However, this last week things changed and be passed away in his sleep before he could see Kim yesterday morning. He had always had other health issues and I think it was them that tipped him over the edge, not helped by the loss of his beloved Phoebe a few weeks ago.

Barney had been with us approximately 3 years and I think he was 2 and a half when he joined us which makes him about 5 and a half now. He had brain damage and was one of the most complex pigs that we had the pleasure of living with. For a while he caused complete disruption in our herd when he started bullying a few of the sows resulting in the herd being split in 2 stages. After that he became a lot more docile and turned into one of the softest pigs I have known and he would wait at the grids for me these last few months so I could give him a fuss and he would rumble and wiggle his bum at me. I called him my Fussbucket.

I have never known 2 pigs as close as he and Phoebe and I am trying to comfort myself by picturing them reunited at the bridge. I would think he is sat with his head in her cozy rumbling bless him.

Night night my little Fussbucket, we love you more than you could ever know.

Here are a selection of photos including a collage we had done yesterday.

20141029_224135.jpg IMG_780570240555401.jpeg 20141107_220516.jpg 20140813_234140.jpg 20150221_175227.jpg20150221_222234.jpg

I am so very sorry that Barney has lost his fight and has gone to join his beloved Phoebe. I am sure that the two are together again! What a boy! It is hard to lose two special piggies so close to each other. Barney couldn't have had a more loving home or better life.

HUGS

Barney had such a wonderful life with you and Ross. He was so happy living with his beloved Phoebe. I really am so sorry you lost them both. My thoughts are with you. x

I'm so sorry Helen

Both Barney and Phoebe were extremely lucky to be re-homed by you You gave them the very best piggie lives they could hope for...and I'm sure they enjoyed extra piggie years on this earth for a lot longer than expected.... courtesy of your love and care

Popo-corn free little ones -hugs to your mummy
x

Beautiful pigtures of incredible piggies, I'm so sorry for your loss, play well over the Rainbow Bridge Fussbucket with Phoebe x

I am so sorry for your loss. I read your story about phoebe as well, and I bet they are having a good cuddle on the other side of the rainbow bridge, happy to be together again. Play hard over the bridge little ones.

I'm so sorry, you are having a really horrible time at the moment, you and your OH must feel awful. I'm so so sorry. It is so horrible to loose pigs so close together.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Barney, especially so close to Phoebe's passing. I am sure they've found each other at the Bridge, knowing how much they were loved xx

Thank you everyone.

It is very odd seeing Mabel and Emma as a pair, we have put some feelers out for a sow to join them at some point.

Oh Helen I am so sorry. He is absolutely stunning. You must miss them both so much. As you say, they are running free and popcorning together, no doubt creating mayhem! Hugs to you and your OH XX

I'm so sorry to hear you've lost Barney and so close to Phoebe as well, I am sure they are snuggling up together again now. They were both beautiful. Sweet dreams, Barney x x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back