• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tilly update!

If she cures , will she go back? I know you said permanent. Bit you dont think there is a big chance for a cure do you

She isn't a good candidate for cure, but who knows? A few years ago I would've said that dental disease couldn't be cured but could be managed. Now many are curing. Particularly those who are taken to Simon quickly and have not had lots of botched dentals elsewhere and only taken as a last ditch attempt. Those that don't completely cure eat normally and just need a quick tidy up of their teeth every so often.

She isn't a good candidate for cure, but who knows? A few years ago I would've said that dental disease couldn't be cured but could be managed. Now many are curing. Particularly those who are taken to Simon quickly and have not had lots of botched dentals elsewhere and only taken as a last ditch attempt. Those that don't completely cure eat normally and just need a quick tidy up of their teeth every so often.
My wifes best friend had a giant lop eared rabbit named Bailey, he got p.t.s because i of dental issues. Its a shame, i didnt know about the cat and rabbit care clinic back then. She uses rhodes vets, they are good but i dont think as good as simon with dentals

My wifes best friend had a giant lop eared rabbit named Bailey, he got p.t.s because i of dental issues. Its a shame, i didnt know about the cat and rabbit care clinic back then. She uses rhodes vets, they are good but i dont think as good as simon with dentals
I am sure Rhodes are really good, but for rabbits and guinea pigs Simon and Kim are much more knowledgeable.

Really hope she can get on the right path now and definitely has the experts taking care of her :)
I wouldn’t have thought in Oct/nov last year that Ped would still be with me now, he’d never had made it if it wasn’t for Simon. His teeth are the biggest issue now, still got his wonky jaw and dodgy nashers but we’ve gone from teeth filed every three weeks to six, he’s improving all the time. Really hope it’s the same for her. Maybe a slightly faster recovery for her though! :)

Really hope she can get on the right path now and definitely has the experts taking care of her :)
I wouldn’t have thought in Oct/nov last year that Ped would still be with me now, he’d never had made it if it wasn’t for Simon. His teeth are the biggest issue now, still got his wonky jaw and dodgy nashers but we’ve gone from teeth filed every three weeks to six, he’s improving all the time. Really hope it’s the same for her. Maybe a slightly faster recovery for her though! :)
I think chinchillas are great little animals, have you ever had to take one in @furryfriends (TEAS) ?

Hope shes alright still 🤞

My friend is having trouble with her rabbit narla now. Blockage in intestines somewhere, shes at abington vets overnight. I prey shes alright, she has a husband rabbit at home

Tilly has been eating a little and is taking syringe food well too. The abscess is draining nicely and Simon will see her again on Monday. I am really hoping that Tilly will now make steady progress.

Huge thanks for all the good wishes and we are really grateful for the donations we have received, towards Tilly's treatment.

Hope shes alright still 🤞

My friend is having trouble with her rabbit narla now. Blockage in intestines somewhere, shes at abington vets overnight. I prey shes alright, she has a husband rabbit at home
@furryfriends (TEAS) . Just updating because you reacted to the post with a sad emoji. My friends rabbits has pulled through her illness and is eating and pooing again. Another success by abington vets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back