• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Too soon to bond?

MilliePigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I had 2 pairs of boars but Bumble recently passed on Friday so I was thinking I should bond Bambi with Horace and Benji. When I first got Horace I tried bonding him with Bumble and Bambi it didn’t work out as they were too territorial but I was thinking now that Bumble has passed it’s worth a shot right? How soon is too soon to bond a grieving guinea pig with other guinea pigs? I don’t want him to be alone but I don’t want to cause him unnecessary stress either.

Unfortunately trio of boars very rarely work out and you run the risk of damaging the bond between your existing pair. If you do try to bond your best outcome would be a trio of boars living harmoniously (they will need a large amount of space) and worst case scenario is that you could end up with three single boars who refuse to live with any of the others. In all honesty I would recommend visiting a reputable rescue for boar dating so Bambi can pick a new friend of his own and know that you have two pairs that work

Thanks for her advice, I’ve decided to take him to a rescue for some piggie dating. I definitely don’t want to make Horace and Benjis bond break- especially because he was so hard to bond in the first place! Hopefully all goes well and Bambi will find a new playmate to be happy with again.

I wouldn’t run the risk, are there any rescues nearby who can help you bond your bambi with another single piggy?

So sorry for your loss :soz: x

Yes there’s a lovely rescue about half an hour away, I’ll message them tommorow to see if they can book Bambi in for some piggie dating. Thank you for your condolences

We must’ve both posted at the same time, oops! Sorry I didn’t see your post before I posted x

Glynneath Guinea pig rescue. Suzy runs it all by herself

Reactions: Tim
The rescue got back to us and she’s busy all week so Bambi will likely be going to her for some bonding the week after next

Back