Tv Unexpectedly Helped With The Taming Of My Adopted Boar Pippin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairi M

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I've had Parsley and Pippin since October and they are both very confident around me but haven't been keen on handling. I read on the forum about people whose piggies liked TV and tonight I decided to introduce Pippin (the more confident piggy) to the tv. I put a David Attenburgh show on about coral reefs, prepared some carrot slices and brought Pippin downstairs to see what would happen. The little guy turned himself on my knee to "watch" television and settled for about 15 mins - his longest ever! He seemed to be reacting to the changes in light and sound. For the first time ever I heard a few happy guinea purrs from him as he watched his programme, munched his carrots and enjoyed his back massage. Great success! I was beginning to worry about being peed on but given how great the wee man had been with settling on my knee so long (his max before 3-4 mins) I wouldn't have been massively bothered if my dressing gown had to go in the wash :D

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
That's a lovely story. My boars grumble if we put a film on the TV we think they don't like the sound!

Mairi M

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That's a lovely story. My boars grumble if we put a film on the TV we think they don't like the sound!
The coral reef programme had a gentle musical background to it and maybe Pippin found David Attenborough's voice as soothing as I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.