• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevenxxx

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It might be nothing but I'm really worried for my Guinea pig because yesterday I woke up and spot cleaned his cage with a healthy amount of poo, then I went out for the day and didn't come home until 5 o'clock and I noticed that there wasn't one single poop.so I looked up things to to or things it could be and they said to give his bum a clean so I did what I could and then he started to poop again but only 4 or 5 pellets. This morning I woke up and there were a few more so I carried on with the day and noticed again that he hasn't pooped at all again! Please help any ideas what it could be and any advice! Please ask questions if needed :/

Hiya,

Is he eating and drinking ok. Does he have plenty of hay to graze on during the day... ?

@helen105281

Hiya,

Is he eating and drinking ok. Does he have plenty of hay to graze on during the day... ?
He has unlimited hay I've seen him eat but I'm not sure how much and I'm not sure about water because it leaks a tiny bit so I don't know if he's been drinking or what

Is it possible that he is pooping somewhere different than usual, Try him with some of his favourite veggies or herbs, just to check if he's eating..

Is it possible that he is pooping somewhere different than usual, Try him with some of his favourite veggies or herbs, just to check if he's eating..
He's definitely eating his verge because I fed him them when I cut his nails this morning

@Stevenxxx I had the same scare yesterday. I changed the fleece yesterday around 2pm (my boys are in a big c&c cage with a divider down the middle) and when I come to spot clean around 2 hours later, no poos from one of my pigs.. Spot cleaned them later again and only about 2 or 3 poos so I was concerned but I did see him eating and drinking. Before I went to bed I did a final spot clean, there was only about 3 poos then I woke up throughout the night- went to check if he had pooed and there was loaaaaads haha. That was a relief.

Anyway, are there still no poos now?

@Stevenxxx I had the same scare yesterday. I changed the fleece yesterday around 2pm (my boys are in a big c&c cage with a divider down the middle) and when I come to spot clean around 2 hours later, no poos from one of my pigs.. Spot cleaned them later again and only about 2 or 3 poos so I was concerned but I did see him eating and drinking. Before I went to bed I did a final spot clean, there was only about 3 poos then I woke up throughout the night- went to check if he had pooed and there was loaaaaads haha. That was a relief.

Anyway, are there still no poos now?
Nope

@Stevenxxx ow no. I don't know what to suggest then except if there's no poos by the morning then get him to a vet ASAP tomorrow morning

If you tap his sides do they sound hollow at all? How is he in himself?

my guinea has similar condition, he seemed sad and didn't poop, when I hugged him close to my face I could hear his tummy rumbling, so I figured that he was just constipated, I gave him some fresh cucumber, and in a fee hours he was fine, maybe this will help.

my guinea has similar condition, he seemed sad and didn't poop, when I hugged him close to my face I could hear his tummy rumbling, so I figured that he was just constipated, I gave him some fresh cucumber, and in a fee hours he was fine, maybe this will help.
Thank u lots

Have you checked any piles of hay? Mine love to leave piles of poops in the middle of their hay pile

How is he doing today?

Whenever mine have seemed constipated I've given them some cucumber for water content and a tummy rub! Seems to work!

Have you checked any piles of hay? Mine love to leave piles of poops in the middle of their hay pile
Sorry late reply but no there was none in there but he is starting to poop again now a little luckily thnx for commenting tho xx

They do like to scare us dont they lol. Hope they keep pooping and have no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back