• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephaniexr

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, I am writing in complete stress over my guinea pig, Momo. I recently took her to the vet and we found out she had a large bladder stone in her urethra. The vet put her under sedation to try to manipulate the stone out, but unfortunately had no luck. The vet instead pushed the stone back into her bladder and is now suggesting surgery to remove the stone. Momo did not handle the sedation well last time, she was incredibly groggy for very long and her breathing was abnormal. I honestly was unsure if she was going to make it. She is an older guinea, I adopted her exactly 4 years ago and I am under the assumption her previous owners had her for about a year. So she is right around 5. I am incredibly worried about putting her under anesthesia, it is INCREDIBLY pricey, and honestly I had weird vibes that the clinic I was at may have just been a bit money hungry... I have no idea what to do. I heard of using URIFLOW and I was wondering how it works and how often it does work. And if anyone has any other suggestions I am willing to try anything. Momo means so much to me and I want to do everything possible to make her better.

Hi!

I am not sure on the use of uriflow, however i would assume it would be best to have the stone removed since it has already became lodged in the past.

Could you add your location to your profile, as this will help us tailor any advice specific to your location. We may be able to pinpoint a recomended piggy savvy vet near you if you aren't sure about your current one.

How is your piggy in herself? Eating? How is her weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back