• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Vet trip during a lockdown, with no pet!

Thanks @eileen :) And gorgeous Katie chilling out there:love: Glad she’s being a good pussy cat sidekick! x

Rosie’s left me a nice splatty present on the kitchen floor and a nice pile of :vom: on the living room carpet but has actually joined me on the bed for my cuppa which she hasn’t done in days so hoping she feels a little bit better (after the howls when she just tried for a wee!).No joy with the marmite @GPTV but with all the sickyness I think it would have put me off the stuff for life anyway! And I love my marmite!:))
Pupils looking much smaller so think not as sore today 🤞
874C8291-B72D-4B38-8BAA-70BF8300E517.jpeg132377CF-13C1-47FE-A216-5A0F6D0741EE.jpeg
Thanks for everyone’s support x

Well poor Rosie has spent the last couple of days vomiting loads so has had me very worried! I haven’t given her the bladder capsule from the vet thinking it was that as she’s not had them before but looks like it’s the antibiotic! Within two hours of her having it yesterday morning all over the place!
So I thought I’d syringe it last night, went well until 1am when started doing it all over my clean sheets, bedroom and hallway floor! :mal:
This morning I’ve done an ‘experiment’, she’s had the bladder capsule but no antibiotic, absolutely fine (touch wood!) and even crying for food. As her pee looks so much better and she’s not crying when going to the loo I’m leaving her antibiotic for now. Will contact the vet if she seems funny to get a different type but seems to be causing more harm than good as barely kept any food down for a few days! Cystease should be here soon hopefully!
Apparently the amoxicillin can have much worse side effects with older cats, not had it for a couple of years and obviously not mixing well with her little senior tummy! We shall see! Sick of cleaning sick! :doh:

Poor Rosie, give her a big hug from me. Sending you hugs too, cat sick's almost worse than human child sick to clean up. :vom:

Thanks @piggieminder, we both need those! Been a long week! Yup not pleasant :vom:especially as the vomiting bouts are lasting half an hour in and out of different rooms! Feel for her poor girl! But still none so far (after ending about 2am) so hoping she’s feeling better for now! x

Well poor Rosie has spent the last couple of days vomiting loads so has had me very worried! I haven’t given her the bladder capsule from the vet thinking it was that as she’s not had them before but looks like it’s the antibiotic! Within two hours of her having it yesterday morning all over the place!
So I thought I’d syringe it last night, went well until 1am when started doing it all over my clean sheets, bedroom and hallway floor! :mal:
This morning I’ve done an ‘experiment’, she’s had the bladder capsule but no antibiotic, absolutely fine (touch wood!) and even crying for food. As her pee looks so much better and she’s not crying when going to the loo I’m leaving her antibiotic for now. Will contact the vet if she seems funny to get a different type but seems to be causing more harm than good as barely kept any food down for a few days! Cystease should be here soon hopefully!
Apparently the amoxicillin can have much worse side effects with older cats, not had it for a couple of years and obviously not mixing well with her little senior tummy! We shall see! Sick of cleaning sick! :doh:
Bless her, I hope she's better soon. My sisters cat called genie lives at ours and she has cystitis.Shes a nervous cat who hates the other cats and I think that's why she's stressed. We're gonna start her on the cystease again soon xx

Bless her, I hope she's better soon. My sisters cat called genie lives at ours and she has cystitis.Shes a nervous cat who hates the other cats and I think that's why she's stressed. We're gonna start her on the cystease again soon xx
Thanks Gemma, bless her hope Genie does better with the cystease xx Rosie’s always been a bit of a stressy cat, think all the vet trips over the years and her skin problem! And not a fan of many cats either other than her sis!
There’s a horrible black Tom cat that’s been around again after torturing the street with his fighting and spraying (while sitting outside next door cat hoarder house where none of her cats are spayed/neutered!) last year so wondering if that’s set it off 😡
No sick or blood for 24hrs so think the meds were making her very poorly rather than the uti! Definitely feeling relieved!
2A64D85D-73A5-4C5B-82E0-084A697FFB35.jpeg7547776B-962B-497F-A536-C36FC6BC0548.jpegDE1CF729-3AB6-47A3-BFDE-B6CA1C42925D.jpeg
On the bed last night back to her usual soppy lover self! :love:

I ordered some Feliway spray along with the cystease to put on her blanket/bed to see if it might help, didn’t want to risk a plug-in because of the fish tanks but hopefully might be a bit calming 🤞

Thanks Gemma, bless her hope Genie does better with the cystease xx Rosie’s always been a bit of a stressy cat, think all the vet trips over the years and her skin problem! And not a fan of many cats either other than her sis!
There’s a horrible black Tom cat that’s been around again after torturing the street with his fighting and spraying (while sitting outside next door cat hoarder house where none of her cats are spayed/neutered!) last year so wondering if that’s set it off 😡
No sick or blood for 24hrs so think the meds were making her very poorly rather than the uti! Definitely feeling relieved!
View attachment 137562View attachment 137563View attachment 137564
On the bed last night back to her usual soppy lover self! :love:

I ordered some Feliway spray along with the cystease to put on her blanket/bed to see if it might help, didn’t want to risk a plug-in because of the fish tanks but hopefully might be a bit calming 🤞
She's gorgeous, glad she's perked up a bit. Fsliway is supposed to be good stuff xx

Poor Rosie, my little Shadow used to get very upset by a tom cat who used to get in our cat flap and spray round her conservatory. She suffered from urinary and kidney troubles in her later years. This cat was a real pain and went round the whole village wreaking havoc. He was very neglected by his owners and had a horrible life, in the end he mysteriously disappeared one night. I did hear from someone who knew someone who knew someone that he had gone to live a very long way away where he had been neutered and was living the life all cats should have. Glad to hear Rosie is improving, hope she's 100% better soon.

Poor Rosie, my little Shadow used to get very upset by a tom cat who used to get in our cat flap and spray round her conservatory. She suffered from urinary and kidney troubles in her later years. This cat was a real pain and went round the whole village wreaking havoc. He was very neglected by his owners and had a horrible life, in the end he mysteriously disappeared one night. I did hear from someone who knew someone who knew someone that he had gone to live a very long way away where he had been neutered and was living the life all cats should have. Glad to hear Rosie is improving, hope she's 100% better soon.
Thanks a lot @piggieminder, she’s definitely improved a lot, meals are small but I popped to the local shop so she’s got some chicken and another tin of tuna to try and tempt her! Guessing a bit sore after all the :vom:
Poor little Shadow bless her, so sorry she had troubles in her later years. Hope he got a good home and the plum fairy made his life far less stressful! Yes it drives me mad, my girls used to love their nice quiet garden in the summer (I’m in a shared one :() until the hoarder moved in and now they are stuck inside to save injuries and stress, they don’t mind too much but they love a nice sunbathe!
She always has females (and lots of babies) so we end up with boys hanging around, four last year fighting and spraying! But he’s the one that seems to have been around the most for a few yrs, Scabby Cat as I call him! Felt bad for him at first with missing hair and always trying to get in but after a few years it’s just frustrating! Especially with such a sensitive soul like Rose that gets so stressed with it!
Get your cat’s neutered you annoying people, would save so much grief for neighbours, me and her! And the poor cat!
D6C4C757-28DE-45F3-BA7E-84B47D95FBF4.jpeg
Scabby Cat, where?! (She takes a great pic!)

Thanks a lot, so much more at ease today and not twitching in pain like she has been! About to boil a bit of chicken for her lunch, not long finished her breakfast! :doh:Just want to make sure she’s happy and got a few calories in her as missed a few days of them! x

Actually sounds odd (and stoopid!), never boiled a chicken in my life! Got shredded chicken breast as it was all that was in the shop, guessing I just bung it in boiling water and boil it!? :))
Thanks! :doh:

Actually sounds odd (and stoopid!), never boiled a chicken in my life! Got shredded chicken breast as it was all that was in the shop, guessing I just bung it in boiling water and boil it!? :))
Thanks! :doh:
Yes shouldn’t take long! Glad she doing better now, the chicken should be alright for her tummy x

Will pop some on the hob now, yeah only little strips so hopefully she’ll give it a go. Thank you. Dozy me! x

Well Rosie liked a bit :D 3/4 left but sure she’ll keep pecking at it for a while like she does when she likes something :)
A931349B-E4E3-4D1C-AABF-CA1D4C7E946A.jpeg3F3F8362-C51C-4F5A-BE4A-25E0633BEDF3.jpeg
Her sister Daisy the Cow/Pig however, hmm! Not impressed! :)) Where are the calories!
Thanks for suggesting that though @Bill & Ted, seems to have sparked some cravings from Rose!

Back